What is your opinion on getting married below 25yrs old?

I know some of you will say age doesn't matter.

But what if a couple decide to get married in their early 20's, and they have only been dating for like 6 months. Plus the guy is a player.

Most Helpful Guy

• Stupidest thing I have ever heard of! I would think you are one of those people that just have to be married for the sakes of being married! I would think you are shallow and naive for thinking it only takes 6 months of knowing someone well enough to want to marry them. You admit he is a player, I would think you want to get married to lock him into you because already know in your heart he will move on to someone else. Marriage really won't stop that. This life choice/direction is destined for failure!

What Guys Said 9

• well the scenario you painted I'd say it sounds like a bad idea, but people make bad decisions. we also have to take into consideration that sometimes 6months is all a person needs

in general getting married under 25 years-old doesn't really seem like a bad thing. I know people who were married before 25 who are thrilled and still together and people who got married afterwards and divorced after 11months. me personally didn't feel comfortable getting married at 25

• I have no objection up until you say "The guy is a player".

All I have to say is, that's going to be a trainwreck from the start.

• What's the rush? I think you need a min of 1 year dating so the puppy love wears off. If you plan to be together for 65 years - waiting 6-12 more months is a non issue.

If you are trying to rush in to 'lock them down' it's never going to last anyways.

• Don't do it, wait till your 30. You change way too much between high school and 30. This is why the divorce rate is so high

• It's own decision of person, i am not concerned, but this guy is which player? easy, world class?

• Depends on the maturity level of the couple. Are you financial stable? Capable of looking after kids?

• Guys should get married by 25 but the pressure is too much nowadays. Considering the women are on par with men in qualifications and compensation which makes finding the best guy a herculean task !!

• Most of my friends who married before 25 are now divorced. Your still evolving as a person in your early 20's. By the time your 30 you may be at a completely different place compared to your spouse. If you wait until you figure out who you are, I think you'll find a much better match in a future spouse.

• It's stupid to get married below that because they aren't ready for a relationship of getting a job and taking care of someone else.

What Girls Said 8

• It all depends on the people, they need to be mature and understand this is a big deal that will change their lives. They need to know for sure, for sure that this is it, this is the person for them, this I their person. If there is any doubt, then they should wait. They need to be able to make a life together, be financially stable so they aren't that married couple living with other people.

And if you describe him as a "player", then don't marry him. Never marry someone you say is a player, that is a present tense. Now, if he used to be one, and is 100% trustworthy now that's different.

Young marriages can work, there's no reason they can't, you just have to be sure and be smart.

• Well I'm sure ever situation is different, however I feel like a lot of people rush into getting married.
    In today's society, unmarried people are sometimes looked down upon, people view marriage as some sort of an achievement, instead of what it actually is. I'm in my early 20s, and already people say things to me like "you'll find someone to marry soon," or "you'll understand this when you're married/have kids." Meanwhile I have no plans to get married, I don't care if I get married, I have bigger aspirations in life than this.
    I feel like this social pressure is the reason people (mainly females) try to get married as soon as possible. I wish people understood that you don't need to get married to spend the rest of your life with someone, and if you do want to get married, you don't need to rush into it, it isn't an achievement!

• I'd happily get married if I found a guy who wanted to settle down in their early twenties

• No, just no. 6 months isn't enough in my opinion, especially when he's a player.

• I don't mind in general. I hope to be married by then actually.
    But in your scenario sounds like a bad idea. I don't necessarily think a year or so is too short but additionally to him being or having been a player, I'd say it's a red flag

• In your scenario I can see there being problems, in general most of my friends have been married young and are insanely happy so I see nothing wrong with it for happy couples.

• If he truly is a player that's bad. If he's a reformed player there could be hope it depends on their background.

• Do players actually want to marry? That seems quite contradicting to me.
    I think it's great if people find a match in their life so early and they are mature enough and have stayed long enough together to know each other.

Often though, i think people that age mistake romantic infatuation with love and get married too early.