How young is too young to marry?

I have a wedding coming up and it seems like everyone around me is just getting married.(someone else's wedding, a friend of mine.)

Does anyone else agree that 22 is too young?

I've heard that young marriage is the leading cause of divorce.

Maybe I'm just jealous because my boyfriend of about a year decided he didn't care but still, it seems odd to me.

Most Helpful Guy

• The leading cause of divorce is that people jump together and marry each other after knowing each other for like 7 months but due to the "no marriage before sex" or "no sex before marriage" or whatever that stupid arbitrary thing is, they rather just go get married asap so they're not missing out, but then realize they were so indulged in sexual frustration that they didn't even know their partner at all and just realized soonafter that they're frickin' douchebags.

That, and finances, and personal incompatibility.

22 might be young. Am I too young to marry? Probably. Most people do get married at around 22-24 though.

What Guys Said 1

• I dont see how someone at age 22 could be experienced enough to get married lol. in my opinion late twenties should be the minimum age to get married.

What Girls Said 7

• I think people should just get married if they feel ready and want to. Some of the most successful marriage I've known were people that dated since 16, and got married young, my parents included. I don't think there should be an age on when people should marry, people just should if they feel ready to commit.

• What age did your parents marry?

• My mom got pregnant at 16/17, my dad left for awhile, not knowing that it was his, then he came back a year or two later, my mom told him my brother was his, and ever since they've been married, so.. I think probably 19 or 20. :)

• I mean ima hopeless romantic so maybe people assume i rush stuff. But i feel like anything outta high school (preferably 21) and up is good to go

• 22 isn't young - as far as you are over 16 and mature enough to take that step then why not

• I get married when i was 19-20 it was in my birthday so you can say when i was 20 it's been two months now and I'm so happy. 🙌🌼
    If you find the Right man go for it 💖🌼
    Don't listen to people who have problems about getting married 🌼💖

• I dont think its to young

• It all depends on the person. I got married at 21, but I knew without a doubt that I was ready... I was ready for a family and all that... granted I'm still waiting on that family happen :( but it will. As soon as we married we started trying right away! Granted my husband is ten years older than me and he's ready too!

• I don't think so. Depends on the person. If you're a mature 22 year old and they have a mature person, then I think it's fine. But there are some older 20 something's that aren't even ready for marriage and don't handle it well.