Men, would you think less of your wife if she told you she wanted to submit to you?

Would you lose respect for her, or understand that was just her personality & nature?

• I'd think less of her
  • I'd respect her
  • I couldn't care less

Most Helpful Guy

• I would respect her. Unless she thought I already knew, then she would have had to take a very brave step to make those feelings known.
    In any relationship, if it is to work well and satisfy both mentally and physically for both sides there needs to be respect and acceptance. We are all different and probably we can only hope that when we are with someone most of our tastes align. Never will they all. Plus its give and take and compromise. One common example is the guy wants anal sex, the woman doesnt. Is he selfish to want it or is she selfish not to? Neither. One or other, if there is respect will compromise. If there is no compromise, there is likely little respect. With submissive behaviour the same applies. If the woman or man wishes to be submissive, then their partner will either welcome it, in which case respect and the need is already in place... reject it, in which case respect is not there... or perhaps more commonly a middle ground perhaps a little initial or long term awkwardness may be evident but a compromise or accomodation of would prevail.

What Guys Said 8

• Depends on what she meant by "submit".

I wouldn't think any less of her. But just because she wants to submit to me doesn't mean that I want to do the thinking or both of us. You can still be smart, insightful, have good common sense, and give good advice, all while being submissive to your husband. Intelligence is attractive anyway, because it gives your man confidence in you.

• I like this answer, thank you

• I'd think less of her. I don't want to be in a relationship with a servant/slave/sub. I want to be in a relationship with a strong, whole person who has self-respect.

• Understandable, thanks

• Well yeah. It's hard not to think less of someone who essentially is asking to be treated as less than me. If she doesn't want to be equal, than I won't think of her as an equal. Pretty simple.

• i want my wife to submit more to my sexual advances to her and to submit by getting rid of her clothes on in the home

• What exactly do you mean by that? I'm assuming i would not like that at all

• I'd be happy.

• great, thanks

• Submission doesn't mean being less than someone else. It just means different roles.

• If the guy says he wouldn't think less of her means he already thinks "the least" of her.

• could you explain

• The guys who want a submissive wife already think badly of all women.

• I can see where you'd have that opinion, thank you

• I'd have known it before marrying her and it's probable we wouldn't have stayed together

• okay, thank you for your honesty

What Girls Said 2

• Okay, I'm answering this from a female point of view. I want to be treated equal to my boyfriend all the time, but in the bedroom being submissive is a large turn on for me. I like him to take control and tell me what to do, and what he likes. I like when he does what he wants to my body. But I'm not like that with every guy. I need to really trust them not to push my boundaries. I think there is nothing wrong with it. It's the same as people liking anal, or having a foot fetish, or watching hentai p*rn. Who cares? If you're into it, great. We can try it out. If you're uncomfortable with it, let them know you're not into it.

• They would not care.