Do I have any right?

Okay I'm a little pissed, my grandmother said since she raised me she'd buy my wedding dress but two days later said she didn't have the money for the dress I wanted (it's a 169$) but yesterday she spent 150 on a dog that she didn't need and it's not even a pure bred so I don't get why she spent that much money on it anyway... Point is, is it okay for me to be upset about this, I'm also upset with her because she keeps looking at prom dresses for me to get married in because most of them are on around 50-70 bucks, I feel like she's trying to do everything she can to make sure my wedding is the worst, I'm almost temped to just go to good will buy a dress and get married in the court house... I don't want a big wedding just my fiance, me, my best friend and his cousins fiance standing with him, we only want close family and friends so no more then 15-25 people... Am I acting like a brat? or is she being controlive?

Most Helpful Girl

• Why dont you get a job and buy your own things?

• I do have a job but in my family we always buy the daughter her wedding dress and while my grandmother isn't my mom she's raised me because my mother was very abusive so she would be devastated if I bought my own dress because she thinks of me just like a daughter

• Well I guess there's nothing you can do but wait for your elderly grandma to buy your dress in that case be patient and dont back bite.

What Guys Said 1

• (under 18)

Hear hear kid, hear hear

What Girls Said 3

• You're too young to be getting married. I know it, you know it, we all know it. You're too young right now to be deciding if this guy is your soul mate and to plan out your whole future with him. I think you don't take weddings seriously. There is a lot involved. Let's face it, your grandma is probably just not buying you a wedding dress because she knows you're too young to be married in this day and age. Sure she may have got married at a young age? But she probably doesn't want you togo through the same thing and actually sees potential in you.

Wait until you got a stable job and can pay some bills for a while. Live with the guy for a bit. Raise a dog with him. Then you'll see in a couple of years if he's husband material and still worth marrying.

Btw, don't be a spoiled brat to your grandmother. She's your grandmother ffs. Dont worry about some purchase she made on a dog, thats her own decision and choice.

• I've already am raising a dog with him, have been since before we started seeing each other, and if my grandmother felt that way she wouldn't have gave him her blessing to ask for my hand in marriage, she would have told him to wait she didn't because she knows i'm ready, I've raised two kids when I was a child myself because my mother didn't want to raise us, CPS wouldn't do anything and didn't until after a really bad beating I went to school went to the counselor's office and took my shirt of showing her my chest which was completely black and blue, I was 45 pounds under weight and I was 8 years old, my mom let her "friends" touch me so she could have her drugs I'm more then able to handle married life, my Fiance knows all of this stuff and still loves me and wants a life with me and I do have a job and I pay my phone bill and buy food for the house, my own monthly stuff and other things I need or even my grandparents need

• stop depending on your grandma to buy you a wedding dress and save up to buy your own. you're like 12, you should be worried about her buying you One Direction tickets and school books. if you're grown as you think you are, buy your own dream dress and pay for your own wedding. sorry but you do sound bratty and she has every right to be 'controlive' when it comes to a child.

• I'm not twelve, i'm 93 days from being eighteen I'm not depending on her and I will buy my own dress if I really have too, but I'm already paying for the cake, food, seating and the everything else (my family is old style and believes in paying for our "Daughters" weddings) but because my family just moved I told her she didn't have to help at all, but she insisted on being the one to buy my dress, I'm more hurt about the fact that she lied then anything by telling me she didn't have the money then spending 19 less then what my dress cost on a dog

• Wait... how old are you? lol

• 93 days from being 18, my wedding is set for the 20th of march