Would you wait for sex until marriage?

If you were in a relationship and they told you that , they wanted to waited until they were married to have sex would you wait? Or are you only really only in it for sexual benefits?

• dump them
  • keep dating them

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends
    - if i can actually see myself marrying them
    - if we're on a reasonably short path towards marriage.
    - if i have good reason to believe we're sexually compatible, which tbh, i'd be skeptical of without some real reason to think we would be.

if the above isn't true, i might be willing to give it time if we were being sexual in other ways, and see how things developed.

At your age I was willing to wait, but... my understanding of things changed.

What Guys Said 4

• I would not wait until marriage and that does not signify that I'm only in it for the sexual benefits. What it means is I'm not religious, don't want to get married, and am disagreeable with the sort of personality that would choose to wait for such a thing.

• It would be quite unfair and ridiculous to claim that someone is "only" in it for sexual benefits. Try telling that to any married couple who have a healthy sex life. Try telling it to any unmarried couple who have a healthy monogamous sexual relationship. Sex is a part of those relationships, and a good part, but it is only one part. It takes all the parts to make it work well.

At age 30, about 5% of the US population have avoided premarital sex.
    Yet, 1% of marriages in the USA are unconsummated because one partner is incapable of sex or has zero sex drive. Here is what can happen:
    www.dailymail.co.uk/.../...desperate-intimacy.html

I would never consider marrying someone I'd never enjoyed sex with.

• I would wait until marriage if they really wanted that. Sex is not much of a concern to me and it is definitely something worth waiting for that person.

• I would respect her decision, but truthfully, I don't plan on waiting unril marriage for sex. I feel like you should be intimate with your significant other to see if you are sexually compatible together.

What Girls Said 5

• yes i would wait. I'm one of those people who wants to wait. if someone doesn't like that they can take their horny dick elsewhere:)

• I wouldn't wait. In school they make you think abstinence is the holiest thing ever, but do you not realize we have crazy hormones and sexual needs? What if you get married at 30 or 35 and those levels have already gone down. Sex is important to me in a way I would have to be daring someone for at least 2 years before we have sex. But it's not so valuable that I will wait until marriage

• That's a hard one for me... in high school I was celibate, but things in my life changed. I'm still a technical virgin though. I've always wanted to marry a man who's had sexual intercourse before marrying me though, even though I want to save my virginity for him. So I don't know.

As far as marriage comes, I'd probably want to marry a Christian with sexual history.

• Waaay too late for me to wait for sex.

But even if I was still a virgin and even if I ever intended to get married (which I don't), I wouldn't wait for sex until then.

• I'd stay, me and my bf are actually both waiting and we don't even kiss lol