What if gender roles reversed, & women had to?

be the bread winners, while men were the homemakers? What if women had to romance & swoon men, & men were fragile & needed our protection? If I wasn't broker than smoke, I'd love to romance a man & be his provider while he cared for my home. Is that wrong, or has anyone else ever fantasized about this?

• It sounds cool, sign me up
  • Heck no, what have you been smoking
  • I don't know, I'll have to speak with my lawyer first

Most Helpful Guy

• By then the guy's dicks would've inverted and they would become women from being such pussies, while women's clits get so many bjs from that hot dude babe down the street, they get swollen and turn into dicks. Then we're right back where we started

What Guys Said 18

• There are female breadwinners and such. My ex's mother was working and her dad was taking care of the house and such. Although she seemed a little insecure about it I thought it was fine.

• I've done the whole house husband thing, on her insistance. Then she gets fed up, violent and everything goes to hell. Its a story I've heard several times.

• Ah, so someone gets what they want & realize they don't like it after all.

• It's hard to be a homemaker but I'd like doing it to be with my kids that much.

Unfortunately for the prospects of that, I earn 3.5 times what my wife earned when she was last working sooo...

• Pretty sure if that were to happen women would start complaining about it IMMEDIATELY. I don't even mean that in a cynical way, it's probably the damn truth.

• lol, you are probably right. I'm just imagining a little fantasy world here.

• i already act like that

• I'd instantly become a gold digger, marry some rich (probably elderly too) woman, then I would divorce her and claim half of what she owns.

Damn, that sounds awesome. Sign me up.

• a bit over stereo typical and presumptuous of our society but it makes a good point. I think a bit of give and take would work best.

• Lol this isn't the 1800s anymore

• lol i´d be such a gold digger :D

• I'd love for a woman to pay my bills and provide for me. Sign me up.

• That's not consistent with the patriarchy

• @been_waiting - even the patriarchy can appreciate being taken care of & romanced.

• @been_waiting Don't worry, cupcake. I'll be sure to disband the Patriarchy sure as I find a sugar mama. ;)

• Ha ha... it's actually easier for me to imagine becoming a billionaire than to imagine this situation.

It sounds like an impossible dream come true, so impossible and so perfect and easy that I can barely conceptualize it.

• Id like a constant vacation. I'll do it

• Don't get too excited, those children can get pretty needy :D

• Nobody required me to be a great parent. Plenty of bad woman moms

• Me being a guy, the only part of the gender role I don't mind at all is being the protector, I'm fine fulfilling that role in terms of protecting from harm, its being the provider/breadwinner and doing the courting, approaching, initiating I dislike

• But I will admit I'm not looking to get married or settle down yet

• I watched tribal wives and they did the heavy work while the men just took naps and chewed on leaves, it was very immasuclating:(

• I'll have to check that out. But if you were a homemaker, you would be able to clean, cook, & take care of the children. You wouldn't just have to sleep & eat leaves. You could still be productive. If you'd like you could make me some lasagna with garlic bread on the side, it'd make me very happy, I'd repay you with a hug.

• I would cook for you anyways, as for the kids without a mother they would be in serious danger.

• Most women could not handle it.

• You know if genders had been swapped... you wouldn't be typing on that computer/phone/laptop/tablet of yours... because guess what? It's man made.

• Oh, I'm not saying men aren't cable. If roles really reversed, women who are mechanics & other hard labor jobs would be millionaires because only so many women could do it. It'd be a crazy world.

• It would be fine with me. I wouldn't staying home and take care of the kids, and cooking and cleaning for my woman. I have never believed that the role of a woman was demeaning. I see it as a way of expressing love for the family.

Both gender roles have their perks. I would be happy in either gender role, but I hate the idea of mixing and matching them. It always creates fights as both people think they are contributing more than the other. They end up fighting over power, while pushing responsibility off on the other person. Unfortunately like you said, it is hard to have one person stay home, when you are broke.

• I meant to say "I wouldn't mind staying home"

• So why don't you? LOL.

• 1) I'm broker than smoke, 2) Men don't like to be romanced, given flowers, have poetry written for them, 3) Men like to be the masculine one in the relationship while women are feminine, protecting & providing for men might seem more masculine than feminine, lol.

• So you don't mind if I try to romance you with some flowers & chocolate?

• Go for it

What Girls Said 11

• Don't we already have to do that? I don't plan on sitting at home while my SO supports me. 1. That's super lazy. 2. I would never let a guy hold money over my head like that. 3. Some guys are totally oblivious so you really need to make it obvious that you like them. Some are incapable of romance, so you have to work on that too. 4. Men are fragile. Their egos are insanely fragile.

I'd rather be part of a balanced and equal partnership as opposed to us disappearing into archaic gender roles.

• Oh I was imagining men not working at all & staying home watching the kids & keeping the house tidy. I was hoping there was going to be a pot roast ready when I got home.

• Guys would be complaining about not having an equal amount of respect. And women would be wondering why the men are complaining and saying they should have all control, but yet we never listen to them. Basically the same thing that's going on right now

• Maybe! I just said Yes because I like the idea but in reality I would need him to make the first move as I am very shy and socially awkward and could never make the first move on a man, but I would have no problem with being the bread-winner or taking care of general household things or him. But alas I am a solitary person and I prefer it that way... and way to young to be having a husband of my own anyways.

• I don't agree with your delusional thoughts..

• LOL, you don't realize this question is just for fun, I don't think this actually going to happen.

• Of course I'd like the duties to be shared but damn, a guy doing most of the chores while I have time to focus on my work (i. e. writing, possibly lawyering in the future)? That's like a dream come true!

• Lol I love how you're implying that women need protection... but I see what you're saying and my answer is no. I'm not really into traditional relationships so I wouldn't want either of us staying home or being "fragile." We're both adults.

• Not my thing but to each their own

• my husband would love it. i would not.

• The results of the poll really saddens me. 6 guys would go for it? 2 would think about it, while only 4 said no? Seriously?
    Do these men even produce testosterone? -_-

Holy shit, why did feminism do this? No woman wants to date a pussy, no woman can handle dating one no matter how much bullshit feminist propaganda she spews. No man wants to be a pussy no matter how much he's convinced he will enjoy it. He'll just turn into a useless blob of nothing.

For fuck's sake, at least I count on men to stand up to this feminist "gender doesn't matter" bullshit, but the guys look like they have been castrated. Maybe I shouldn't be so surprised. -_-
    http://manhood101.com/pics/authorityscale.jpg

• This question is just for fun, no one's planning on actually doing this.

• I would personally say no. I will be going to college and to medical school but I want to be the one to care for the home and him to help out sometimes and to raise our children together. So I think that "gender roles" should be shared in all honesty. Both parents can be bread winners and caregivers :)

• I would never be able to do that, since I'm physically and emotionally weak. But more power to you.