When do I ask her to Marry Me?

Hello I have been with my girlfriend for 1 year now and I love her very much. I am very much in love with her and have no interest with ever being with another girl. We both have children from a previous relationship and they get along very well. We plan on moving in together and renting a house next year once her current lease is up. I have told her that I have no interest in ever pursuing a relationship with anyone else and that she is eveything I have ever wanted in a girl, she has told me that she also feels the same about me. I feel like she is the girl I have been looking for my whole life and I know I want to Marry her. I am quite certain that if I asked her to Marry me she would say yes. We have known each other for 3 years but have only been in a commited relationship for 1 year. I really want to go buy a ring and ask her to Marry me. What I'm uncertain about is if I should move in with her first and see how things go or ask her to Marry me before we move in together. And if I do decide to wait how long should I wait?

Ok I think I will move in with her and wait a bit. Thanks everyone

Most Helpful Girl

• Move in with her first and see what happens.
    Also, don't move in and then one month later go "well taken that advice!" and pop the question. We mean give it a few months - 6 months. If she's serious, she's not going anywhere.

What Girls Said 6

• hmm look i think you're on the right track but its a little too soon. give it more time. id say go for another year. enjoy what you have before settling in. you could find out so much more about her.
    wait a year, propose, then move in together is what i suggest. dont rush:) nice and slow=]

• You are ready! Go buy a ring and propose at a good time!! You both have children so you are not young and naive any more. You know who you are, what you want, and how to get it!!

• Make sure you guys move in first for awhile before you get real serious

• Go fetch her... now.

• I would start really talking about it with her and see what she says. As far as when it doesn't matter she'll just be happy you finally asked her! There's no time frame on when and stuff. Me and my husband was together a little over a year when he finally asked me on Thanksgiving day Lol. Not sure why Thanksgiving but either way I didn't care I was just excited! As far as a wedding day I wanted to wait until that next fall and he wanted to do it in like February Lol. We agreed on the second weekend of June Lol

• I think you are ready to propose :)

What Guys Said 1

• Living together first can only benefit and help solidify your relationship. Considering you both have kids, moving in together is a whole different kind of commitment. Maybe living together first might ease the transition for the both of you and your respective children. You sound like you have been around the block enough to know what you want.