Does he really want to get married?

My bf and i have been together for 3 years and living togther for 2. We both have 2 children. Thats just a short background. Anyway, he told me a few times he wants to get married. So Over a year I saved $1000 towards just having a very small ceremony. I told him about the money and he wants to buy an ATV with it. Yes, I would also like to have an ATV, I enjoy them. He said we, I assume me again, could save up more money andget married eventually. Am I wrong to be hurt? I had to scrimp and save because we really don't have much and I was so excited...

Most Helpful Guy

• It's your money - you spend it how you like, send out invitations and see if he turns up on the day.

What Guys Said 1

• I think having a marriage ceremony is more important than getting an ATV, albeit that a marriage ceremony is temporary the memories will last forever.

What Girls Said 1

• I understand that you feel hurt. It's hard for you to save up this money, but you did it for the both of you. It's something very important and endearing to your heart. Whereas he just wants it for entertainment.

Does he propose a different way to have a marriage ceremony? Or is he saying he doesn't want to get married, only wants the ATV? I think those are legit questions to clarify.

You deserve to know whether or not he truly wants to marry you, and if so, what timeline, how does he plan to pay for it.