Do you want to marry?

Are you looking for someone to marry? Are you working on it to achieve that goal?

• Yeah I want a partner to marry
  • Yeah I have already a candidate to be my spouse
  • No thanks, I'm ok with my boyfriend/girlfriend
  • No thanks, single is better
2nd MH:
@ShyGuy_1988 >>"Yes I do when I meet the right girl, of course. Marry, have a family, all that good stuff."
3rd MH:
@Negrodamus
"Well im not in any hurry, but it would be nice. I just need to work hard to actually find a decent woman. I'm still developing my filtration parameters"

Most Helpful Girl

• Originally I never wanted to get married. Even when I was a little girl, I thought marriage was stupid. I'm now getting married in June and couldn't be happier about it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its on the cards may be !!

What Girls Said 34

• yeah i want a man i can love forever<3
    however, I'm not looking for him atm. if he comes my way, i guess ill spot him, but until then, I'm not interested in love. i need to work on myself first.

• Yeah that's the spirit! I want only one to love forever too. Could you tell me what you feel need to work on yourself?

• And well there are some traits we should not change in other person, but there are some that we ought to if we really love him/her. As St Augustine have cited once :"Do love and then do what you want". If you really love the person you will know how to respect his individuality and how to change himself to bring the best of him. For example, I'm not the same as some years ago, some quite people, both including friends and enemies, have shaped in what i am, consciously and unconsciously,

• look I don't know what to say here lol, thats my approach to marriage- always has been and will continue to think of it that way. i never mentioned obsession. good day=]

• I am happy with my SO but we are not working on that "goal". Someday, we'd like to be married but not right now.

• Why not right now? If you two are not working on the "goal" so aren't you two wasting your time?

• So when are you going to be ready?

• Preferably when we are both around 26-27. Now we are just too occupied with classes and job-search.

• I'm already engaged, so yes.

• I'm happy with my SO, but for now marriage isn't high on my list. I'm not religious, and don't find it necessary. Plus I'm young. Not ready for that kind of seriousness.

• I'm young too, but I'm not a boy anymore I'm a man, and I'm ready for serious stuff like marriage from now on.

• For me, love is a lifelong decision I have chosen since Christ opened my eyes.

• Thats cool for you. I'm happy how things are now :)

• Most preferably, yeah.
    Hopefully it will happen someday but it's not something I'm super focused on right now.

• I can't wait to get married and I truthfully hope my current boyfriend is the one I get there with. He's told me that he wants to get there with me, too, someday.

• Nope. I don't see a need to. Being married doesn't mean you'll be together forever. First it's not legal to get married where I am now. also I saw my parents an they seemed unhappy.
    I think most people just stay married because they're too scared to get divorced (or too lazy) or because they have kids and that's the only thing really keeping them connected.
    Things change, people change. That guy who you needed and loved 24 years ago isn't what you need or love any more. So why stay married

• Of course being married does not guarantee anything, it depends of the spouses' will. But this is not a good reason to give up marriage, isn't it? Otherwise you would not start anything, even a friendship, because we have no guarantee that this same friend can become your archenemy in the future. And for sure your parents would be happy if you have marriage.
      Maybe you are right, people are lazy or scared, but that's not all the case. When someone refuses divorce because of the children, they are doing a sacrifice because of Love and probably true Love can grow up in that sort of place. So you should not look down on people who do that, that is beautiful.

Of course again, everything changes. I'm not the same I was some years ago. Nevertheless, Love bear all things, Love stand in spite of the differences, Love can overcome everything, Love can even beat Time. Love is everything. So that's why you should consider to be married.

• Oh bigotry? At least I'm not perverted and sexually disordered like you. Now you offended me. Why you always do it for me every thread i try to open your mind and help you? You are getting on my nerves already. I show you the truth before your eyes, yet you can't see; I say words of wisdom to your ears, yet you can't hear. But why you don't want to understand what I have to say to you? Is your life actually fulfilled? Please don't need to answer this last question to me, answer to yourself and try to not lie to yourself at least.

• Hah lol. I'm sort I couldn't help but laugh. I don't even know who you are? Lols

• I wouldn't mind getting married if the opportunity came along, however marriage isn't on my list of priorities at the moment.

• Could you let me know what are your top priorities right now? Marriage is not important so?

• My career is number one. Maintaining family relationships and friendships. Travelling. Learning new things. I'm not even in a relationship at the moment, but things like that take time.

• no. boys suck.

• Why? Lesbian?

• @Nuns_in_Heat
      your profile picture, lmao

• @NovemberJoseph SEE! You get it lol!

• yeah i would like to get married in the future

• I don't know... I'm 17 and I have no idea how it's like to be in a relationship. If it's anything like hobbies and friendships I've had in my life, though, I suppose I'm just not marriage material. To me, the grass is green everywhere besides my own yard, if you know what I mean.

• Why you suppose you are not wifey material? And no... I don't knos what you meant in your last line

• You know how they say that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence? It means that you're never quite satisfied with what you have, because you're always on the lookout for possibilities. Me personally, I'm only happy when I have multiple options. I don't have go-to meals, go-to friends, go-to anything, really, I keep alternating and switching and rotating anything and everything in my surroundings. That's not exactly the sort of person who'd be happy to decide "yup, I like this one particular person and I'm gonna wake up next to them for the next couple of decades".

• For now I'm good with my dude. I'm not really proactively trying to get married.

• Why not try to get married?

• For me age is not relevant. Love can happen at any time of our life and I'm ready for it (i think)

• Okay, that's fine. I answered for myself.

• I'm not looking anytime soon but I definitely wanna get hitched.

• You will not get fairly hitched if you don't pay attention in candidates for a groom right now

• ... why right now? Why not in several years? @Asker

• Because maybe it can be too late, and then you will feel a bit in despair to marry, and will choose in a rush someone, without thinking better, which can end up in divorce

• I thought I had a very good candidate but recent revelations are making me doubt whether to go forward...

if it ultimately doesn't work out with him, i hope to have a few candidates in the timely future.

• So it's time to look for new candidates right now if you think he is not the guy to marry. Unless, those recent revelations are not that serious, stay with him and analyzing him.

• I've been with him for two years so it's not that easy. I really want it to work out but I need to see where his mind is at.

• i'm pretty surprised by the guys answers. majority wants to stay single? i assume you never had the luck of having a girl that takes care of you and loves you..
    i always feel sorry for those who don't know the real beautiful things in life

• The trouble is that all of those women who "love and take care of us", and get the same in return, all fall out of love within a few years. They don't even need a reason for that to happen.
      It's much more complicated when you're married to one.

• I'm not surprised with @Tractorbeam 's comments. Love is more than just an emotion, Love is a choice. Those sort of women who puts so much enphasis in sentimentalism end up fading in love after a decade of years at maximum. Humans themselves cannot truly someone by their own efforts, but God's grace is which allow one to continue loving in spite of time and hardships.

• I know that. That's why you marry. Bevause you're sure that even these times will come, you will stick together. No matter what. I'm aware that most people dont think like that tho, and easily throw away everything

• Not really.. That's at the bottom of my to-do list

• Yes, I want to get married and I hope it lasts forever <3 :)

• i think one day i will find some one i would want to spend the rest of my life with who will be my best friend but i am not going to rush it. it will happen when its meant to XD

• i have a few candidates

• Wow you are so lucky! But you need to choose only one in the end.

• Do I want to marry? Yes. Do I think it will ever happen? No, lol. I like my alone time too much.

• Option D forever!

• I want to get marry at 30t not now.

• Why only at 30? So if what the man of your life appears right now?

• Thank you i really appreciate that :)

• (^ω^)

• It wpuld be nice to get married. But Im not doing anything to find a partner.

• yes someday ! :)

• Most women want to get married but it doesn't mean that they will

• They will if they make an effort to search for her groom since early youthood

• I'm dating an amazing guy and I can see myself getting married to him but that doesn't mean it will happen. Marriage is a 2 way street

• Emm I'm not sure if I'll ever marry.

• Been there done that. I don't know if I would marry again. I wouldn't say no but I also wouldn't say yes at this point. It all depends

• I have one but I don't know if we will actually marry I think our relationship is coming to an end. If it does then no I don't plan on marrying anyone I just plan to date the rest of my life.

• If someone is is willing to put up with me, I suppose so. Otherwise, no, I'm not going to go out looking for a guy. I don't want kids so, it's not really in my life plans.

• No kids why?

• What means " dime a dozen type of girl "?

• That means I'm nothing special.

• Marriage is not a priority to me right now. Who knows maybe later on or never lol

• You are more than 35 so why not right now?

• I been in a long term relationship without getting married and have kids with him, so I dont feel like I really need it at this point. Am ok like this :)

• More from Girls
    4

What Guys Said 22

• Many men in my family had their marriages crumble into divorces. My mom even considers leaving my dad. I think I'm cursed. I don't want to end up a bitter single recently divorced 36 year old man like my uncle lol. While I don't see marriage to be that special, I do like jewelery and I would totally buy her a ring and call her my partner in crime :D

Screw tradition, we're the trendsetters :D

• Nevertheless, even if you buy her a ring this does not guarantee she will not leave you, implying in a similar result as a divorce

• Greater rewards always come with greater risks.

• I see your point, but I find it ridiculous that someone needs a 10 hour party and legal bonding rights and huge expenses to reap great love rewards. To me that all just seems like extravagance. If I like a girl, I like her. Ring and legal right won't make me like her anymore, that shouldn't be what defines your true love for someone.

• marriage my ass... who gives a shit about this old-fashioned thing? i;ll be always single

• Old fashioned thing? This exist since the beginning of humanity! Why only now people don't want to marry anymore?

• Please we are in 2015 it's time to break the old generation traddiction

• So just because we are in 2015 does it means we should break with our humanity?

• Not right now, I'm not looking for someone 'cause I'm just 18, but in a future I do want to get married.

• i would love to get married to a woman who is attractive, intelligent, and willing to give me a chance. But unfortunately so far, all the women I like either already have someone, are not looking for a relationship, or don't like me while the women that like me are not someone I would consider marrying (stupid, ugly trolls or someone grossly over weight)

• You are not the only one my friend... If one day you find out the medicine for our horrible fate, please let me know too

• Like the bears of our beautiful National Parks would say...
    media3.giphy.com/media/HFHovXXltzS7u/giphy.gif

• Yes I do when I meet the right girl, of course. Marry, have a family, all that good stuff.

• Yeah, I want to be a great husband to an awesome wife. I'm not obsessing over it, but it will come when the time is right.

• if i meet the right girl then why not? though i have a lot of work on myself before iam ready for that

• Why lot of work? Aren't you being so much strict with yourself?

• a lot of work financially id say. i still have a lot of learning to do and proving to myself iam smarter than i really think i am. most women want a guy who can support a family. i want to be able to do that and not feel like were drowning. if i meet the right girl i want to go on adventures, have some life experience, fill my cup so to speak, see the world, then have kids if we can

• No thanks; tried that once. I don't believe in Santa Claus, either.

• Lol now your right girl is like a santa claus? So Love is a myth for you too?

• He is saying he doesn't want to marry, he said he has experience in it. Marriage =/= love

• Haha of course! If you marry without love then of course nobody would want to marry! Marriage implies Love otherwise it will be a failure. @WayfarersDouchebag

• Well im not in any hurry, but it would be nice. I just need to work hard to actually find a decent woman. I'm still developing my filtration parameters

• Right now, definitely not. I'm only 19. Eventually, I will want to, though. I can't bare the thought of never having children. I want to pass on my genes, morals, memories, etc. on through many generations.

• No, I prefer to live alone, by the way I'm virgin and never had an affair and I don't think that I'd like to share my house with someone, I'm a naturally lonely person.

• I see marriage as a piece of paper nothing more, so noting to go for nor to run from.

• Marriage was only ever a financial contract. Thesedays, about 50% of women will use that to take 1/2 of what you ever worked for, and sometimes more. They don't even a reason for divorce. Greed is a good enough reason.

• @Tractorbeam

Marriage was far more than that, in the old times where sex before marriage was not
      allowed, it was a social construct.

I believe in monogamous relationships, so I don't mind marriage, I just don't need a ritual in order to feel "married" - I am married in effect to my girlfriend, even if we don't have a paper saying so.

• I did originally, but I think it would be foolish to do that now. Girls just don't know what they want and they make no sense to me at all. So there is no way I'm going to get married to someone and then have her change her mind and want a divorce or whatever.

• Yeah I agree to you until some extent."Girls just don't know what they want and they make no sense to me at all.">> that's why it's very important to know how to choose, and believe me, there are few girls around there that they know what they want and makes sense, you just need to have some hardworking and lucky

• Yeah. It's nearing that time. For all I know, I COULD have already found her.

• Been married before. Just a bunch of paperwork and money down the drain if it doesn't work. And there are no guarantees in life. Marriage to me is just paperwork and some name changing. I'm not going to love someone more after we get married. I don't mind having a girlfriend for the rest of my life that I would treat as if she were my wife. If either of us mess up we should be free to leave without repercussion of the state or government needing to change all our paperwork or split our assets. I can love someone just as much or even more without a ring attached.

• "And there are no guarantees in life" >> That summarizes what most of people who have post similar opinions as yours here, you are just afraid of future, which is normal, if the couple is not open to God's grace.

• I'm also not religious so no I'm not "open to God's grace". Thought this was about marriage not God. Life is unpredictable regardless of people believing in God or not.

• "Life is unpredictable regardless of people believing in God or not.">> That is true but only until some extent for what is written in Romans 8:28 "We know that in everything God works for good with those who love him, who are called according to his purpose". So yeah today you are not "open to God's grace" but we never know tomorrow, it's up to you...

• Nope, nope and a thousand more nopes! I'm single by choice and very happy. No marriage thanks. :)

• No. filler filler filler

• Hell no! I love my girlfriend and she loves me. But men don't get a single thing from marriage. And she understands my views.

• So how can you stay in a relationship with someone you don't trust with all your heart?

• Oh I trust her with all my heart. But not my wallet or home. If one day she wants out or does something stupid, ill be damned if I pay alimony, half of my retirement and give half of the stuff I bought away.

As for feelings, she has my whole heart. I would never leave her or wrong her in any way.

• not now unless i am ready to support a family and provide her everything she wants and also about the kid

• Single forever crew

• I think marriage is probably the stupidest thing I could do to myself.