What kind of engagement ring would you want to give (or receive)?

Link pics. I'm interested in y'alls tastes. Or lack thereof :o :D

I like this one alot. But it is... alot:
creditworksusa.com/.../...-co-engagement-rings.jpg

Music for browsing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRxIjJNIEgk

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 15

• im srsly gonna get her something like this.

its a diamond on a platinum band. I always had a thing for platinum bands.

encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images

• Hmmm... I like the stone and the thin band in the middle, but the... outer edges seems like a lot... Like it would take up a lot of space on her finger. INTERESTING :p

• hmmm. i don't think that's totally true... rings obviously shouldn't matter more than the relationship itself, but... it's a symbol of how much you value you her in a way. I think people shouldn't go beyond their means... but if you're making good money and you get her a $1 ring... it strikes me as... very cheap lol.

• okay that scenario I see your point :D I wasn't thinking about it like that though hehee :) but I wanna surprise her with like a $50,000 engagement ring when it comes to the symbol of how much I value her :D if I was poor im sure he would understand the coin machine. but then again I don't think id be trying to get married in the first place if I were poor D:

• Whatever she would want, but if I ever got married I imagine the girl wouldn't care about a ring so I don't know what we'd do. I considered marriage before and at the time I was considering a Brian Gavin. He's one of the best diamond cutters in the world.
    s52a618f7600b2.img.gostorego.com/.../3_1.jpg
    http://i.ytimg.com/vi/IyQzVWL368E/0.jpg
    I liked the solitaire at the time.

• I got my (then) fiance a tiffany setting engagement ring. Obviously.

media.tiffany.com/.../...1.01cttf_am_ac_x1b_SPM_R1

• 4|0
    • I'd rather keep the quarter you used to pay for all 8 rings...

• Just certain metals, latex, and sulpha drugs... :3

Oh. I thought you were maybe a friend in disguise :( sigh... woe is me. Anyways, please do dig my grave. I'm sleepy anyways.

• I don't want to dig your grave, I just thought that's what you meant when you said I reminded you of a shovel.

• 1|0
  • If you can untangle them, these are the ones I'd like :-)
    50plus.blog.nl/files/2014/03/weddingbands.jpg
    And forgive me but I'm jealous of you kepi, captain Harakiri!

• but not everyone looks good with gold jewelry :o :o
      i will lend you my kepi for 293820392 fireflies. :D

• i know... BUT I WANNA SEE YOUR BEARD IN 93482042 DIFFERENT COLORS! :D

• Haha, I made the wrong joke... you win :-)

• I don't know what type of ring but gave my ex-girlfriend
    a engagement ring i did pay over $200.00 for the ring
    after 5 days she broke up with me what's bad to she
    broke up after my birthday and before Valentine's Day
    for Valentine's Day i bought a gold necklace with a gold
    letter pendant saying " I Love You" i paid at least $240.00
    for that necklace / pendant

• I would be delighted if I got a wooden ring, seeing as though I'll be the one paying for it...

• CHEAPSKATE! :p

• @Zepher wouldn't a wooden ring hurt? I mean, you would get splinters.

• You'll thank me when our daughter needs braces.

• NOTHING!!! i will NEVER NEVER NEVER marry!

• I would like to give my wife ring on zultanite stone on my engagement.

• :o that looks pretty epic... :D

• Zultanite stone is only found in milas, turkey in its bauxite mine and is very very rare

• I do not care for Jewelry and I am not sure how a material thing shows love.

• so you don't plan on giving your future wife a ring? :o

• No, there is no link... but most prefer that their partner have something on to demonstrate unavailability!

• I do not see why your actions can not easily shot how UNAVAILABLE you are?

• I really wouldn't want to give rings or anything. I would probably be fine with getting tattoo rings together though

• Wow 'this is making me nervous now !!

• They're scams, I'm not giving her shit. If she's not ok with that then I won't marry her.

• LOL. you sound sad.

• Look it up dude, engagement rings are literally scams. Diamonds aren't that valuable, not even the big ones.

What Girls Said 21

• A tiara is more badass than a ring.

www.ivoryandcotiaras.co.uk/.../ImperialBeauty.jpg

No but being serious now. I wouldn't want my boyfriend spending a lot of money on a ring. First of all material things don't last forever, what if I lose it?
    Second of all id rather we save up as much as possible for our honeymoon or a house.
    Weddings are expensive already and if you add jewelry cost that's a few thousands of dollars.
    We are already spending the rest of our life together, why would I need a ring to remind me of that. Id see him every morning when I wake up and every night when I go to bed. His warmth would remind me of our promise to each other.

So no ring wouldn't bother me. If he wanted to get me a ring I would hope he knows me enough to choose a very simple ring. And he better not get anything expensive. I would return it if it was too much.

• I hate jewelry, so I wouldn't really want a ring. But if he insisted, definitely this one!

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/99ny1u.jpg[/IMG]
    It's so beautiful, plus, I also LOVE Pokemon :)

[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/148toh.jpg[/IMG]
    I'd love it even more if it was in this box! :3

But I'd much rather prefer to tattoo the ring on me. I hate wearing jewelry, and that way I won't lose it lol So something like this I'd prefer:
    [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/2u4hhz6.jpg[/IMG]

But whatever ring I get, I wouldn't mind. Even if I got no ring lol Hell, it could even be an onion ring like in the Simpsons lol I don't really care :)

• :o :o :o that Pokemon ring is FANTASTIC. never saw anything like that before... i like the tattooed rings idea too... though i have seen it go very wrong lmao

• LMAO. i'm sure you won't lose your fingers anytime soon... :p maybe you can get a henna tattoo of the ring- both of you. and then y'all can decide if it's for you or not :D

• Lol yea, we'll have to try henna. He says he just doesn't like marking the body. Idk, I've always found tattoos sexy. Not a ridiculous amount, but like a few. :)
      We are sooo complete opposites! Lol He's a devout Christian, I'm atheist. He's tall, I'm short. He hates tattoos, I love them. He's always confident and outgoing, I tend to be shy and introverted. Lol I always tell him we're usually polar opposites on everything! :p But it still works somehow :)

• I was promised 10 of these
    miragesbg.com/.../OnionRings-L.jpg
    But i asked for these instead
    img3.wikia.nocookie.net/.../Ring-pops.jpg

• This one is very similar to mine:

www.weddingringsetss.com/.../...h-side-stones_.jpg

It's not obnoxiously flashy so I love it :)

• I really don't want anything flashy. Just a white gold band (regular gold looks awful on my skin tone), and a small diamond, 1/4 karat or less. As simple as possible - the diamond's not even a necessity.

My one unbending rule is that both the metal and the diamond have to be Canadian. I made a promise to myself never to wear any jewelry that was unethically produced.

• no blood diamonds! i agree :)

• www.maureenabood.com/.../Little-donuts-POST.jpg
    These are awesome. Any of these would do the work.
    Seriously, I don't care at all about the ring. I am a very simple person. I'd appreciate if it had anything to do with pokemon though. I am still a fan of the games and the anime.

• Something like this:

ak1.ostkcdn.com/.../...-ab54-f678345f106f_320.jpeg

I like smaller rings rather than big and chunky. I think an engagement ring should be silver, don't know why, just always had that opinion!

• I'm not much of a jewellery person, but I think I'd like something vintage. Something with a little personality, you know?
    But definitely not something super expensive. First off, I don't need to worry about losing a crazy expensive ring. My finger should not be worth that much money, haha
    And second, I'd much rather him and I buy a house or something than have him spend an insane amount of money on a sparkly rock.
    I know, sometimes I'm just too practical for my own good, haha

• 1|0
  • Something very similar to yours...

media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/.../...00d2475b3dc0.jpg

• I actually want this in white gold..
    www.bloomingbeautyring.com/.../...r-ring-white.jpg

• www.verragio.com/.../INSIGNIA-7063-TT

I want this ring so bad it's so pretty I will marry anyone that puts this beast on my hand 💜 haha but reality is I'll take a simple rounded band yellow gold because it suits my skin tone the best either that platinum but that's expensive and white gold is annoying because you have to rhodium plate every 6 months I believe it is. I want a round cut diamond anywhere from a half karrot to 1 karrot diamond.

• 0|0
  • I'm not sure how this makes me sound, but the ring I want costs $2300. And thats just for the wedding band. So i was thinking, maybe I don't have to have an engagement ring or at least not a super expensive ring because the band costs so much. If I don't get an engagement ring, I at least want an engagement necklace or bracelet. However, i really want my $2k ring band though

• serapii-kisu.net/.../realring_2.jpg

This one a pink diamond heart shaped ring that looks just like the one Mamoru gave to Usagi in the Sailor Stars anime. 😌💖

• I like simple engagement rings (and rings in general), like with one main stone, and maybe 2 3 small ones next to it.. And silver, I'm not a fan of gold. Like this, for example:
    www.e4jewelry.com/.../...iamond-ring-on-finger.jpg

• If I ever get married one day, I don't want sth so expensive. I don't know I watched blood diamond, I was pretty disturbed. lol Maybe I am stupid whatever. I would want simple and something elegant from him, that I would keep at the end of my life.

• I want chocolate diamonds i.kinja-img.com/.../19fkykvvqdlwtjpg.jpg

• I don't care about the ring as long as he's willing to compromise and have his love :)

• I want a pearl ring, not a diamond