Do you ever think that some people marry the wrong person?

Like they ended up marrying someone they shouldn't have?
And is it true that you don't realize what the person is truly like until you start to live with them?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it takes several years to really figure someone out. If you think you have someone figured out in a matter of months, then you want to marry them, you are a shallow person. People have many layers to them and we are really complex creatures. No way can you have someone figured properly out enough to want to marry them after a short relationship.

• True. I know a couple that have married 4 months after dating...
      Interested to see the results tho..

What Guys Said 6

• Yes absolutely just ask my mom

• Yes, my uncle (blood relative) and aunt are a prime example. I have no idea how she's managed to stay with him for that long.

• Guys who haven't been with many girls get married and then you meet someone else and realize what it would feel like to be with that beautiful girl. That's what people tell me and they say never rush to marry someone or live with someone

• With about half of marriages leading to a fivorce it seems many made a wrong choice, indeed. That's why I think living together before marrying is important.
    My exes would have been bad choices...

• All the time. That's why divorce is so high

• Of course. My sister is a bitch and married a funny, nice and hard working guy and she shit on him till he got fed up and left her for a younger woman.

• She must have been a bitch. Very few men ever walk out on a marriage. Millions of women do.

• She still is a bitch and she knows it. Her x told her that is she doesn't stop yelling at him when he comes home from work he will cheat. I am glad he did. He is too nice a guy to have to put up with a miserable life with an angry ungrateful person.

• Lol I agree Tractorbeam

What Girls Said 6

• I married the wrong person. I met him during a bad time in my life, so I thouhy it was meant to be never really hearing out family and friends.. I suffered for ten years in an emotional and verbally abusive relationship with 3 kids. now we are divorced. It's been a year and a half I feel so much better happy and loving life. While raising these kids on my own because he doesn't come around... it can happen...

• Yup thats why there is divorce

• I think you should live with someone before marriage for Most of the world. That way you can see if you can compromise and lived with that person

• Yes people marry the wrong people a lot or they just don't know or want to compromise

• Ya, sometimes people can make wrong choice, but not problem, every facts give us life-lessons, but again, we should regognize "who am i, who is s/he, what do i want, will i be able to share all of my lfe with that person?"

• Yeah no shit

• Yes they do.