Why do people smoke cigars at weddings?

Why do people smoke cigars at weddings? Is it a good luck ritual or something like that?

Most Helpful Guy

• We all know smoking is bad for you. So I you enjoy a cigar but are trying not to smoke all the time you keep it for special occasions. Christmass, Birthdays and weddings.

• I've only smoked a cigar once. New Years with my dad. He doesn't smoke AT ALL and someone gave him a box for that Xmas.
      So being his oldest daughter he decided to share. That's the only time I've ever smoked in front of my dad.
      I guess you're right about the once in a while for a special occasion.

• I think so not sure why.

• Thank you for the MHO:)

What Guys Said 4

• Cigars were historically linked to people with standing. A high hat + a cigar was an important business person.
    However, more and more people just enjoy a cigar after a good meal. So today, I'd wonder if it's linked to being at a wedding.
    I'd rather think these people would like a cigar after any good meal...

• I agree with @broadsword

Its like drinking champagne its just a tradition saved for special occasions also the birth of a child or at gatherings for special events.

• Yes now that he mentioned it it makes sense.

• Haha... I got what you were saying. Beards are the natural way to go in my opinion.

I think every man should at least try to grow one, better to try and fail then not try at all.

• I mean there are styles for every man out there. I think it's like a form of self-exploration.

• Cause it's cool as fuck.

• They realize they made a huge mistake and are trying to commit suicide the slow way.

What Girls Said 0