Have you ever heard of a Republican marrying a Democrat?

You know how there is interracial marriages? What about political marriages?

Most Helpful Girl

• My parents! Haha, also how there are marriages when the husband and wife have different religion. Like my aunt and uncle... one's Christian one's Muslim. Love is love though! :)

• Wow never heard two different religions getting married I've hear like an Atheist marrying a Christian, or Muslim, but never a Muslim marrying a Christian.

Most Helpful Guy

• They're mostly the same, they just don't know it. Media keeps them arguing about things that they are both wrong about.

What Girls Said 5

• I had a friend whose parents were like that. An extremely conservative dad with an extremely liberal mom. They did not have a very successful marriage. The dad would say "no" to something, and then the mom would tell them they could do it anyways. There was no teamwork. Granted, I think it says something about the person's character rather than a party, as some couples do this who have similar political beliefs also.
    I personally would marry someone with different political beliefs than me, I think it could work, as long as there is respect. That's a huge thing for me. If someone does not respect my beliefs, I couldn't be with them.

• My neighbors are actually like that. He's extremely conservative and she's very liberal. They seem to be respectful towards each other's beliefs and embrace their differences. I don't know how they do it.

• Not that I know of. I have no idea how that would ever work. All the married people I know have similar political beliefs.

• What's the difference these days between a republican & a democrat?

I would like to see a liberal & a conservative marriage, now that is entertainment.

• My bf and I are like that. Were respectful and tolerant of each others beliefs

What Guys Said 8

• Yeah, and even worse. . . a Libertarian marrying a Socialist. They were never looking hard for topics of conversation.

• Yes, my dads side of the family was Republican he married my mom (late)
    she was Democrat so he switched to Democrat and still is but I turned
    Republican 2009 when Obama ran for US President and i really have
    no desire to switch back Democrats

• There's more to people than their political party and who they vote for. I'm sure there's tons of republicans and democrats that are married to eachother.

• James Carville and Mary Matalin

• Yeah and it ended in divorce sadly.

• Secretary of State John Kerry (Democrat) married a Republican (though officially at least she became a Democrat when Kerry launched his 2004 presidential campaign).

Former House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (Republican) married a Democrat, who considers herself a liberal and, unlike him, supports same-sex marriage and is pro-choice.

Former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger (Republican) married a niece of JFK. She is of course a Democrat.

Ronald Reagan married a Republican when he was still a liberal Democrat.

• I'm sure that's fairly common

• It has never happened. The Republican tries to send the democrat back to their original country, while the Democrat is too busy trying to stop global warming. Or they just kill eachother before the wedding rolls around. Either way, it has never happened. And never will.