Do girls prefer arranged marriage or love marriage and what about guys?

I've had friends who have different preferences. So out of curiosity I've asked this question for various other opinions

0|0
9|2

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh yah, I'd totally love for my parents to marry me off to a complete stranger that I'll most likely have nothing in common, because my parents have no bloody clue about what I find attractive and what traits are most desirable to me.

Sounds like a dream come true.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• Love marriage...

1|0
    0|0
  • I think people should choose who they want to be with because having other people arrange your spouse for you is fucking evil.
    No one can tell me who I will love, marry, and have children with. They can go fuck themselves.

1|0
    0|0
  • love marriage of course

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd only ever marry for love.

1|0
    0|0
  • Love marriage.

1|0
    0|0
  • Out of the two, love marriage. Though I'd prefer no marriage at all...

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd prefer to choose my partner by myself. So love marriage, it is.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is a cultural thing and most GAG users are either American or Western European where arranged marriage isn't very common so most of your answers are going to be "love" because here most people wouldn't even let their parents pick a partner for them. Although back in the 1800s that was the standard. Funny how things change

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• Love marriage. By far.

1|0
    0|0
  • Love... and arrange marriage could end up great, but it could also be horrible. If it was horrible, I would seriously think about committing suicide.

0|0
    0|0