Is it wrong to wait till marriage to have sex or is it a bad idea?

I am Christian but I don't necessarily know if it's the best thing to wait. Or if it would effect my marriage.

Most Helpful Guy

• I sure hope you make that decision based on something more than the results of an internet question.
    Even Christians disagree on this. But here is something that I have noticed about the bible, that almost nobody I know talks about.
    there are no wedding ceremonies. sure, there are wedding feasts, but no ceremony. yet there is talk about marriage and adultery all over the place. At one point in the book of Genesis, it says "Isaac took Rebecca into his tent and made her his wife." So it seems to me, that in biblical times at least, the act of sex is what made you married. So, while people disagree about premarital sex today, I think someone who wants to be "open minded" but still honestly consider Christian principles would at the very least begin with the premise that sex is to be reserved for very serious committed relationships. And to be honest, I doubt if any male your age is serious enough.

What Guys Said 2

• It's ok if that is your moral path in life. We all have to make our own decisions.

It's not a good thing if you're viewing sex as something "bad" or something that "good girls" don't do.

• its okay if its what you truly desire.

What Girls Said 4

• youtu.be/f6DibVL5TQs

I love this video.. take a moment and watch

• I think that it all depends on responsibility and how you value yourself and the idea of sex in general. Not waiting until marriage to have sex doesn't necessarily mean you're a whore or anything negative like that, and waiting until marriage to have sex doesn't mean anything bad either. It just has to do with personal preferences.

• I personally am planning on waiting until I'm at least in a serious committed relationship.

• It's a personal preference. I believe that sexual compatibility is very important in a marriage, and thus would find it necessary to see how that fit before saying, "I do." I know there are some people I would be unhappy with sexually, and that it would likely destroy our marriage. Just like you can't force chemistry or attraction, you can't force that either. It's there or it's not.

That being said, I know many others who don't place as much emphasis on sex, or who are ok working on what they've got once they're married. It's risky and sort of like an arranged marriage in my opinion, but I know it works for a lot of people. This is especially true for those who are more concerned with being their partner's firsts (and eliminating jealousy), than they are about sex being really good.

• Sex is more psychological than physical.

• Yes. And two people can be totally opposite psychologically about the topic.