What would you do if your girlfriend proposed to you? Would it freak you out?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don’t think its a one way thing. Traditions are a thing of the past so we can leave that behind us. This is a new generation where people have just as capable and accepting as the other gender.

Personally yes it would catch me by surprise and by instinct ask her if she’s serious. But then I’d think of the meaning behind it all and be extremely happy and filled with joy that the women I love WANTS to be with me for the rest of her life and no one else. It will definitely make me feel special and wanted. I would love her so much for that. Im not gonna lie id probably tear up a little from the emotional overload. Right after I would kneel in front of her and tell her I will take you forever and ever my love.

What Guys Said 10

• I would find it very sweet. It wouldn't freak me out unless we had never talked about marriage before.

• this is good to know :) Thank you

• It would be sweet if girl proposed to me. I wouldn't feel it's weird or
    be freaked out i would feel amazed, happy, shy. most likely cry cause
    I'm sensitive type guy. I want be able to give a girl happiness for what
    she wants , i always place females before me that's just the way i am

• I would be astonished and very confused. A little freaked out, yeah, but I guess the good kind of freaked out.

• Well, do you think you would say yes if you wanted to marry her, but she beat you to the proposal? The female below stated that a woman proposing is not really a proposal, but only a request :l

• Sure, I'd say yes. What would my other option be? "No I won't marry you. Let me propose to you instead because that's how it should be". That's silly. It's not the most traditional proposal, but it's still a legit proposal and I'd respect it and welcome it.

• Depends how long we have been together, as I always thought I would want to be with her for 5 years before I get married. So if she asked me after a year or two, yea I would probably freak out. If she proposed to me I wouldn't want a ring that wouldn't go down well in my book.

• I'd be a little confused and possibly a little embarrassed at first but would be extremely flattered. Assuming you've talked about marriage, as someone else said.

• surprised but happy

• If you had wanted to marry her, but she beat you to the proposal, would you say yes?

• Of course I would say yes

• Probly !!! Lol

• i think a woman has the right to say if she wants to marry a man

• A lot of women do not think that way and spit at the thought of a woman proposing to a man :l

• that women don't want the right to get what they want, they want the right to be "worshiped"

• Keep calm and say yes

• Being calm, do you really mean that yes?

• It's okay to say no to a proposal.

• If it feels right and i'm ready then why not

• I'd cry out of joy, I'd probably be extremely overwhelmed and hyperventilate. I can't imagine it happening.

• Really? I wouldn't expect that type of reaction... I've always feared rejection from him, because I've heard it emasculates a man... But I guess if he loved me and it got to that point, it might totally blind side him with happiness :) Thank you

• No problem, good question by the way. I am an emotional guy, not many girls can handle me so I'd be extremely flattered if one tried to be so bold as to desire marriage with me.

What Girls Said 4

• I would wonder why I have a girlfriend lol XD

Honestly, I would find it sweet and contrary to what another user said, women CAN propose :)

• That is not a proposal. That is a request. It is only a proposal when it comes from the man.

• Why can't girls propose? If she has a ring why not?

• I like being myself too and that means, I don't want to strictly follow every single modern change. If it suits you ok. I'll never propose to a man.

• Well so be it, this question isn't even about or for you so your response is so freaking irrelevant. It just doesn't matter what you think Vesuvius87

• Anybody else notice how the girls say "hell no" and the guys say "why not" or "hell yea" I don't know found that kinda strange and funny

• Sorry but that's the guys job. Not being sexist or anything, but it's much more traditional that the guy proposes. I'd feel sorry for a girl who proposed rather than got proposed to. Just my opinion.

• That is rather sexist and a lot of men are just deprived of the experience.