Will I ever succeed in getting married?

Yeah, I know, I probably shouldn't be thinking about marriage until I am in my twenties, but I am kind of worried now. This hookup culture and my insecurities and how bad I am with women (girls don't give me the time of day, never been on a date, etc).

Links:

www.relationship-forums.com/showthread.php?t=47014
www.relationship-forums.com/showthread.php?t=47069 (while the title is a simple question, there was a lot more discussion in the thread about my situation especially towards the end).

And (quoting you again @jointhepatriarchy):

"It's why a lot of men with money are going overseas to find wives. I'm sorry, but this hook-up culture has been DEVASTATING for most men. A handful of attractive men are fucking a different woman every week. The rest of us are for the most part dateless, and when we do find a date she's already slept with like 20 different guys and has a couple of STD's and a kid. Back when people married young, almost everyone got a partner. Players avoid commitment though, which keeps them on the market, meaning the majority of girls are fucking the same handful of guys. Then after their looks go, and those players don't want to fuck them anymore, they demand a decent guy to settle for them. I'm 26, still a virgin. Girls my age have all fucked over a dozen guys, and most of them have kids, a lot of them by multiple fathers.. Do you understand the dating game from the male perspective yet?"

Seems like it's only going to get worse.

I don't know man... I am worried about my romantic future.

@jointhepatriarchy

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't listen to people like jointhepatriachy, he is obviously very bias. And I really hope that you haven't been reading those forums too much, or anything like the "red-pill," it is a lot of bullshit. My friend got way too into it and it screwed him up bad, like really bad. Don't let yourself go down that road. It is full of Jaded men who have had bad experiences and can't fathom blaming themselves so they blame culture and women. Guarantee that most of those guys were doing something wrong.

It is true you are probably wasting too much energy on thinking about these things for the time being, since you are so young, but what you need to know is that a relationship takes two people. Commitment isn't something that happens to you, it is a choice you must make. Don't expect it to fall into your lap, and don't expect it to be easy.

Also, this hook-up culture is just that: a culture. Many do not take part in it, but it is the one you hear about most. It also changes with age, your desires, your needs, maturity, etc. You only need to find one girl who matches you, there is nothing wrong with going through a couple that don't work out. You learn about yourself, what you need and don't need, what you are ok with and what you aren't. A lot of the time you don't know what you really want until you go through it, even if you thought you did.

Jointhepatriarchy wants a woman who will not challenge his authority, and will just do as he pleases. That doesn't seem right.

• He got cheated on a lot of times though. Just saying.

• @mention is not working. Let me try again:

@jointhepatriarchy

• Maybe because I was Anonymous. Let me give it another go.

@jointhepatriarchy

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• Your insecurity will hold you back more than a "hookup culture".

• This 'hookup culture exists mainly in America, because Americans just wanna have sex with as many people as possible. They don't give a damn about emotional bonding. The situation isn't that bad in most other countries, so you could consider getting married to someone from a different country.

• That user you keep trying to mention was banned.

• he is? Why?

• @JulyAndrews I don't know. I guess somebody with too much authority didn't like his posts.