How many people on GAG married their High School GF/BF. Is my case rare?

I am happily married to my high school girlfriend. I've been with her for 16 years total and married to her for 11 years.

Is it rare to marry your High School GF/BF?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's rare but it does happen. My brother is still with his high school girlfriend, they are not married but they have been together for 7 or 8 years now. I met my fiance randomly when I was 15 and he was 16, but we didn't get into a relationship until I was 21 and we were at the same university.

What Girls Said 7

• I didn't marry my high school boyfriend, but I got close! We dated for seven years before calling it off. My parents, however, met in high school and are still married (almost 30 years later!). I also know lots of other couples who met in high school, got married, and are still happy together today. I don't think your case is rare - I think it's really special! Congrats on finding your special someone :)

• I did. I'm glad your marriage is still going strong.

• I'm forever grateful I did not.

• I will be soon :)

• Not really. I'm about to get married. I'm 18 he's 21 & we met in high school.

• My mom and dad met in highschool and were married for about 18 years, then my moms aunt married her highschool sweetheart as well and they're still together

• Im not sure if its rare. I met my husband while i was in high school (he was 29 at the time so obviously didn't go to school with me) and we've been married for 5 years; together for 7.

What Guys Said 2

• I only saw a high school sweetheart relationship once and that was 2 teachers at my high school and they both attended that high school when they were students. yeah its rare.

• It's probably unusual today with so many people going to college in different states and being further away