Am I too old to find love, get married and have biological babies? Should I just settle for the next guy who comes along?

My ex just got engaged and I feel so alone.
I'm at uni and I can't afford to get my eggs frozen. All my friends are married or getting married. I'm going to be stuck indoors studying for the next 5 weeks as I'm at uni and exam finals are soon. But whilst I sit indoors I can't help freaking out that I'm wasting my life and getting old.
I feel sad. At 28 is a woman still attractive and sexually desirable? Am I too old to find someone and start a family with him?

All my friends my age are married and having kids.

I'm so sick of being single, my heart aches and I'm so lonely.

I want a family of my own some day but I can't see that happening at this rate. All the good guys I know are taken now. Unless they become single then I will remain alone.

I'm trying online dating but it's not really going anywhere

Most Helpful Guy

• Technically you're never too old until you hit menopause. But at a little past your age, fertility starts to noticeably decline, birth defects begin to become relevantly common, and of course, the male eye stops looking at you as often.

It's not terrible if you can get pregnant by 30 or even 35, but it will mean that you will have, say, a 1 in 400 risk for various birth defects, instead of a 1 in 1500 risk.

After that, fertility declines way more, and birth defects start having 1%, 5%, 10% chances of happening.

What Guys Said 2

• I can understand where you are coming from. And no, its NOT too late.

Even old people in their 80s, find love while on their deathbeds in hospitals. its never too late.

I'm almost 28, and have similar thoughts as yours. I was involved in a couple of relationships in my early 20s, but they never worked out. Have been single for over 4 years now, and I sometimes feel lonely. But I try to keep myself distracted from these thoughts by involving myself in activities which I enjoy.

• "I'm almost 28, and have similar thoughts as yours. I was involved in a couple of relationships in my early 20s, but they never worked out."

You're a man though, and don't go through menopause.

• don't you ever settle just to get over with you are basically writting your divorce sheet already, you have to compromise abit like for some dislike or so but don't just marry to be married.
    and no it's not 2 late

What Girls Said 1

• lol no you still have 7 more years at least that's a long time.