I Married Young and Now I'm?

Did you get married young (I'm thinking 18-22 but whatever works)? How did it end up? How long were you/have you been together?

Did you get a divorce?
Did you stay together?

I'm just curious because I have a lot of people in my life that are getting married so young but I feel like that haven't even experienced anything else significant besides marriage.

Most Helpful Girl

• Good question.
    I'm 19 and not engaged or anything yet, but thinking I found the one. We've discussed it and probably won't get married until I graduate, but we'll still be considered a "young" couple (around 22-23) when we do tie the knot. I'm interested in answers.

• Check out the link I provide, it breaks down marital/divorce rates by demographic (your age group has a very high divorce rate):

www.bls.gov/.../...-and-educational-attainment.htm

• haha, not suggesting what you should or shouldn't do. Just thought the information might be relevant to you--it seemed like that was what you were asking. Good luck in any case.

• Thank you for the article. I'm sorry for sounding so mean earlier. It's just there are almost no statistics in my favor so I guess I got a little butthurt XD.

Sometimes I feel like I should just not date anyone long term until I'm at least 21 so statistically I'll be better off

What Guys Said 2

• Marrying at a young age is not a good idea unless both the persons r MATURE. Most young marriage cases involve immature teens and usually end up in divorce after a couple years. Usually the most surviving marriages r between people who already intended to save themselves for marriage, those people r usually way more mature than others and have principles to follow.

• Bad idea, I haven't but my cousin got married at 19 !!! For all I know they fight everyday !!! Lol they're both kids and immature and inexperienced, he keeps checking other girls (cause he never had a chance since he got married at that age) and she gets pissed !! Overall, I don't think they're happy at all !!! They're too young.

What Girls Said 5

• I got married at 21. I've been married almost 14 years, but contemplating divorce. That being said, it's silly to think that once you're married you can't experience other significant things in life. I'm pretty sure the only thing it rules out for you is sleeping with other guys.

• Everybody i know whp have gotten married that young or either now divorced or really unhappy. When ur that young u have not experienced life.. what usually happens is ur intrest change... u start to grow up and mature and discover whst u really like.. id never get married that young... and yes the mens eyes start to wonder and hands wonder to.

• I married young (18) and annulled my marriage

• I did. We had a puppy love. I was 13 he was 20 (yup) my parents kicked me out b/c we kissed. (Yup) we started living together (stupid move) had a bunch of fights, had no where to go. Bought a house, got married at 21. Together 11 years... pretty miserable. Divorce is not that easy.

• Married at 22, now 25, we have been together for 7 years in total.

He cheated on me for 3 years by getting sexual massages, did not get a divorce, since it was not money worth it, currently i am cheating on him behind his back for over 6 months.