My boyfriend and I were dating for about 8months when he bought me a beautiful engagement ring/bridal set last December. It doesn't have a center stone. (that is gonna cost about 3500)... Even though we aren't officially engaged I moved in with him in February (I told myself that I would not live with a man unless we were married or at least engaged). My question is how much longer should I wait for the proposal? I know its a lot of money but he has it and I am from the school of thought that if he wants to he will. I am thinking I will peace out in December if I haven't gotten the proposal... I would especially like the guys opinions here. Thanks =)
Most Helpful Guy
this isn't something anyone here could, or even should, give you an answer to. I highly suggest talking to your close friends about this. So your friends friends, who is maybe friends with your boyfriend can try to peak information off of him concerning his plans for marriage...
And what exactly do you mean by saying "i gonna peace out in December"? You mean move out of the house again? Man, this would be a huge step back on your relationship.
Have you ever considered talking about your boyfriend to this? And I don't mean something like "When will you ask me to marry you?" or something like that more ask him in hints like "Where do you see yourself in .. three years from now on, regarding all current situations of your life?"
An answer to that question should SURELY involve you and hopefully an "maybe were married, then" will be part of it.
Really, I don't want to push any suggestions at all too far because IT IS YOUR MARRIAGE and your life... and in my opinion marriage isn't something which should be rushed. You are pretty young yourself so... ;) No need to rush things...
On the other hand... what's keeping you from asking him? ;)
I know this is not the standard way but who cares :>0
- Show AllShow Less