I'm thinking about proposing to my girlfriend this weekend. Should I do it?

My girlfriend and I have been dating now for 4mos. We blossomed into a beautiful, strong and mutually supportive relationship from very early on. I am in the process of packing up my things this week because I will be moving in with her in 2 days.
Let me start by saying, I know it's only been 4mos now, and we have a big age gap, i'm 25 and she's 33. I love this woman like no other though, we just click perfectly. We both feel as if we have known each other for years, it is very surreal. The feeling is definitely mutual. She tells me all the time just how madly in love she is with me, how I complete her and so. We have spent A LOT of time together. I KNOW she is the woman for me, my soulmate per se. I just know. I want her to be my wife, I want to marry her. I've never been this damn committed before. We are going out of town this weekend to meet a group of girlfriend's of hers that she's never met before and I am planning on going out to buy the ring today and proposing to her in our hotel room on Saturday night. I'm ready, but is this the wrong weekend? Her meeting her friend's and all?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you are that ready to totally commit to her, I'm happy for you and you should marry her!

All the friends could be a distraction. It might be too much on her mind. You want her to be able to focus on the event if it's something she'd need to think about.

However, if you've already been talking with her about your future, and that is something I would highly recommend, then she knows that you're thinking about marrying her and you probably know that she'd say yes. If that's the case then pop the question before the friends get there.

What Girls Said 3

• Has the topic of marriage ever come up? Maybe you should see what it is like living with her for a month before you make that step.

• 4 months is a short time ! Wait a little bit
    As for proposing , why not play a prank on her and make the worst moments ofbher life become her best? Why not invite to a nice classy dinner and ask a girl to come to u and throw a glas of water on u and tell u ' I won't believe u were playing me ' ( as if u cheated on your girlfriend) the gf will lose her mind and go crazy , and then go away , and hire some violonists to start playing music and then get back on tbe table and propose. It would be so special to her !! What do u think?

• When you know, you know. Don't waste time if you feel she'll say yes I say go for it. Age is nothing but a number if you think you guys are ready for this step take it. ypu can always have a long engagement ( not 5yrs) at least a year.

What Guys Said 4

• maybe you should live with her for a while and see how things go before proposing.

• You do realize that most women fall out of love within 4 years, and don't need a reason? It's got nothing to do with how well you treat her or how much you love her, or even how much she loved you in the beginning. You've only known her 4 months.
    Maybe you should read this, and then think about it.
    www.macleans.ca/culture/books/the-two-year-itch/

• lol 4 months? you're rushing it man

• 4 months is FAR TOO EARLY.

Don't jeopardise what you have! You're rushing, and it isn't healthy.