Are weddings necessary?

Are weddings necessary? .

*wedding celebration

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 9

• not necessary... but desired. I don't know about you dude, but if i found the guy i wanted to spend the rest of my life with, i'd want to show him off to everyone i know -and- i'd want people i care about to be there to celebrate in my/our immense happiness.

• Nope. You can just go to city hall and sign the certificate and you're done in 5 minutes.

Weddings are more of a religious and/or cultural tradition for most people.

• Not necessary at all. Weddimgs aren't cheap and unless I have a vision of winning the lottery, I wouldn't have one. That money could be used towards a new house or something.

• The awkward moment when all the question titles crack me up on GaG and I should go to bed. I'll answer this later.

• No not to me. People do that way because it is like a tradition.

• No but they are a TON of fun and excitement and I've wanted one ever since I was a little girl :)

• No I never cared for weddings.

• no they aren't

• No, they're mostly for the woman and the families. Not for the groom.

You don't have to have a wedding if you don't want one. My parents went to the court house. I'll probably just have a garden celebration.

What Guys Said 3

• Who cares if they're "necessary"? What's important is that it's what you want. Some people want the whole family to join in a celebration. That's the point, and for them, that is what's necessary. Other people don't want that, and doing a small civil ceremony is what's right, or necessary for them.

• Wedding receptions are not only unnecessary, they're counter-productive.
    A recent survey showed that the more you spend on an engagement ring and wedding reception, the greater your divorce risk becomes.
    If you do spend money on these things, you should spend less than $2000 on the ring, and less than $20,000 on the reception. If you spend double that, the chance of divorce gets really high.

• Who the fuck wastes $20K or more on a wedding? It's all about showing off about how much money you can spend at once I guess. My wedding has come in under $5,000, like it cost almost 3 times less than what I paid for school. The relationship is way more important, but people forget that. Brides are all about being materialistic now.

• @musicbrain5 LOTS of people actually.. when I was looking up wedding info I found out that the average wedding in America is $25,200 and the cheapest state to get married in still had the average of like $13K spent on a wedding. People are crazy like.. a lot of people are crazy! More than you'd think

• lol no. Some people just want an excuse for a party lmao.