Is it wrong if a married guy goes out for dinner with a female friend?

What is your opinion on this?

• Yep its fine
  • No that's not right.
Or any other outing.. like watching a movie etc..
Lol I see more guys are voting 'yes its fine

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah it's fine. Friends are friends.

If the woman thinks it's not right, who does she not trust? The woman? Or the husband?

Because it's been said before, if you don't trust your husband, you've got fuck all in your marriage. Get a divorce now, why don't you?

And if you do trust your husband, dinner with a friend shouldn't be a problem.

What Guys Said 16

• What are the circumstances?

Are they coworkers?

Friends?

An old flame?

Does the wife know?

Does the wife know HER?

Does the wife know the story behind her and her husband?

Is the woman he is going out with, married?

What does the husband of the woman he is going out with think about the situation?

What are the pretenses of the situation?

Does anyone else know about the situation, and what are their feelings on the matter?

Too much is left out to answer this question properly.

• it can be completely innocent.

• as long as it's platonic and fine with their partner I think it's cool. the partner may be slightly uncomfortable with it but hopefully the couple are progressed enough to realize that friendships shouldn't be limited to same sex people

• No reason to get paranoid and jealous. Solid couples are about honesty and trust imo.

He at least told you he is going to have dinner with a friend. A lot of married men probably just hide it from their wives because they don't want her to go batshit crazy and get all paranoid over it. Being married doesn't mean you have to sacrifice all of your friends and all of your social life. It's a healthy thing to have friends.

So it's fine but he also needs to let you go out with your guy friends. If he doesn't want you to see other guys then there's a problem because you trust him but he doesn't trust you.

• No. I wouldn't want my wife or even my girlfriend alone with another guy. That means she's also entitled to my complete loyalty. Loyalty doesn't just mean not cheating, it means not even putting yourself in the position to cheat. If I've been alone with a girl for the past six hours, and my wife finds out about it, how is she to know what we did and did not do? Take my word for it? Sorry, but people lie, and it's naive to think they won't, even if they've been with you ten years, they could still cheat and lie about it.

• Why go on a date with a friend when you can go on a date with your wife? not a big fan of that scenario unless like childhood friends

• It doesn't really look like a date just two friends having dinner together.

• @scorpio909 I think it depends on the setting. MY point is I think your wife would appreciate going out with you instead of a friend.. but it all depends on the timing.

• I do. It's just dinner & conversation.

• If they are really good and old friends I dont see the problem. I wouldn't say movies is okay though.

• It's absolutely fine. A wife who had a problem with opposite sex friends wouldn't be my wife in the first place.

• Oops, answered the poll wrong.. Yes it's fine as long as you guys are friends! If he wants more or he flirts a lot I wouldn't do it if I were you.. chances are he's out for more. But if he is just acting like a friend, sure :)

• It really depends on how the wife feels about it, and the kind of relationship he has with his female friend.

• Curious to know who's the bitch that find something wrong about that.

• I think it's fine as long as he's upfront with his wife about what he's doing.

• If his wife is ok with it than yes.

• his wife deserve to know about it

• put your self in his whif's place, would you accept your husbend to go out with other girls?

What Girls Said 9

• it will be fine with me IF i am coming along. why would they go out alone? sounds like a date to me. will it be fine for my husband/boyfriend if i also go out alone to the movies/dinner with a male friend?

• I have more guy friends than girl friends.
    From time to time I meet up with them for drinks, etc.
    My guy knows all my friends. I never hide anything like this from him.
    I don't have to.

• Unless his wife has already been introduced to the girl in the past and is ok with that, I think that's disrespecting your marriage. It does seems like a date to me.

• Depends on who she is and how long he has known her. If it's an old friend from school that he still keeps in touch with then fine. If it's a new girl then most likely not.

• It's totally fine, but if it was a scenario where he'd met this female friend a short time ago and I've never met her I might be a bit worried about it. But I would never tell him not to meet his friends :P

• For dinner yeah but doing things together like movies and outing. F*ck he should do those things with his wife.

• I meant to say it was Fine

• Entirely depends if he wants to have sex with her or she with him. He either does or doesn't which either makes it Ok or not Ok.

• What's the reason why? seems like a date to me.

• Watching a movie with them two alone is a bit over the top. I wouldn't accept that.

• True, but a lot of things can happen even if she knows.

• Yes, but much less likely.