If a couple gets married young and real quick (after 3 months of dating)?

When would you say the spark would wear off..

• After a couple of weeks
  • After 3 months
  • After 6 months
  • After a year

Most Helpful Girl

• There's no way to know. It could last forever and it could last a week. The negative aspect of getting married early is that you don't really know each other and thus there's a greater risk that you don't fit together.

What Guys Said 4

• NRE, new relationship energy, can only last a few months. But it can drag out a few years. So a couple getting married in 3 months are not feeling any real emotions for each other yet, they are just feeling NRE. The longer it lasts, the better the possibility there is for real emotions to grow underneath it, to support the relationship when it fades. There is no way of predicting when the NRE will wear off ahead of time though. At least, none that I am aware of. If they were young and did such a rash action, I would imagine they would not be used to looking at things objectively, so perhaps they could overlook a lot of early problem indicators and prolong the feelings of NRE a little longer than normal. So I would be surprised if the spark wore off before a year. Two years... maybe. With their age and enthusiasm though, it could drag out three.

Long enough for her to get pregnant, them to have a baby, and then they feel like they are stuck in a relationship with each other because it is now much harder to extricate themselves. Which is pretty much exactly what happened to all the baby boomers, who got married too young, too fast, and suddenly found that divorce opened up and became a legitimate out-clause years later.

That kind of quick-cycle date-then-marry is a huge crap shoot. Odds are not in their favour long term. Though it should be perfectly fine to get them through the short term. I wouldn't expect to hear about problems for 3-5 years. At that point the odds of success will be about the same as an arranged marriage.

• Voted 'B', but it can vary. I have known people who have got married after dating for a very short time, and still going strong after more than 20 years of being married.

• I dint vote.. I have a doubt.. can you know what a person is, in 3 months?
    Little difficult for me though..

• I'd give them a 2 out of 3 chance of being divorced within 5 years.

What Girls Said 3

• 3 months is very short, I think any mistake can be recognized once the infatuation disappears and the work begins (around 6 months +). Any deterioration after that depends on each individuals naivety and lack of effort etc. Then again I know a couple who married after 3 months of dating and are still together 20yrs later with 4 kids. I believe they are a rare an exceptional case.

• My parents did.. 2/10 would not recommend.

They didn't get separated until the 20 year mark, but there were a lot of ups and downs which I think could have been avoided if they just knew each other better before they decided to rush and get married.

Eh.. I say don't be too hard on the couple they're probably already getting shit from everyone they run into and the more you tell them it's not going to work out the more they're just going to try to make it work to prove you wrong.

If you ask me I think the "spark" between my parents wore off before I was even born. Probably like 2 years into the marriage.

• Why get married after three months if you are worried about the spark wearing out so soon. Bad call to get married.

• This isn't me.

• This goes for whomever.