Guys: how important is it that your wife cooks and cleans?

One person on here asked about why men are less interested in marriage and one girl said it might be because women do not cook and clean anymore and 5 guys up voted that. So how important is it really, and be honest?

GIRLS- pls vote "I'm a girl" instead

• Very important- I want a wife who is the primary cooker/cleaner
  • I would prefer it but won't be too upset if she doesn't
  • I want it 50/50
  • I want to be the primary cooker/cleaner actually
  • I'm a girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 19

• I voted 'B'. When women expect men to make the first move in spite of so many changes in gender roles, its not wrong for men to expect their wives to cook and clean.

• Wow, two downvotes from women already! How hypocritical can they get?

• Wow, now how's that for someone getting defensive? Hehe! No, I'm not bitter. You just can't stand the reality when its presented to you, so you call me bitter!
      I'm all for equality for women, but that has to be uniform - whether its for making the first move, cooking and cleaning, or anything else for that matter.

• Believe me I can stand the reality... I don't care tbh

• I don't need a girl to cook or clean for me. Grandma and my dad taught me how to do that stuff starting at age 10. I don't want my future wife to be my maid, I want her to be my partner. Also I don't mind doing all the cooking because its pretty fun.

• We can both cook and clean, This isn't the 50s

• My ex was the messiest girl on the planet, it bothered me a bit but in the end I could see the funny side. Honestly as a guy I really appreciate if a girl does some cooking and cleaning but you have to share the responsibilities. When she takes care of you like that there's a nice feeling though- like she's ma missus! lol

• I can clean, in fact I like shit VERY clean so I do it myself.
    I can do laundry, not professionally, but much better than your average guy.

I cannot cook, however. So if she could make baked/grilled chicken I'd be set since that's about all I eat.

• If I am earning significantly more than her and she works significantly less hours then me... hell yes she better be ok at cooking/cleaning.

If we were both working 32-40 hours a week... logic dictates it's an unreasonable expectation.

• I like to cook and clean so makes no difference

• Very important, especially once there are children and she stays at home with them. As a stay-at-home mother, cooking and cleaning is part of the job description.
    The man should not go out to work all day (or night) and then have to do the housework as well.

• Well that would depend on if the mother has a job and most moms do.

• There are lots of women who don't stay at home anymore, like they work regular hours. I think that's when the household duties should be split, and when the kids are old enough they should be cleaning as part of their chores.

• I think that all duties should be split

• Voted b. I wouldn't mind doing the cooking and cleaning but I can't cook to save my life. I could only bake things. If my lady cooks I'll clean.

• My girl would have to cook, very important, its not some macho bullshit but because I can't cook. Somethings are better left tradition

• It is important. If she doesn't want to do this work, as a wife, then I don't need her to be my wife. I can do it alone as well.

• is that the entire point of marriage then, to you? and what if she works as many hours as you do and possibly even brings home more money?

• no thats not the entire point. Don't bring up the ''what if'' questions. These are issues that are being discussed by the couple. No one works 24/7, so both can have the time to do some work in the house.

• I'm asking you a question. You said you want your wife to be to be the one to cook and clean. But would your opinion stay the same if she worked as many hours or made more money? It's a question.

• It's super hot when a girl knows how to cook. It's somewhat important.

• im game for cooking, but i hate cleaning so id much rather have her clean

• Not married but i think one should know how to cook and clean as early as possible.

• I can cook and clean myself, I'm not a child I'm an adult.

• Super important. I think guys and girl should share the house responsibilities

• Let's face it, men are still and always will be expected to be the primary breadwinners. Women say they don't care but that's bullshit... most of them still expect that gender role. I think it's only fair that men should have some expectation of women still holding up their end of that bargain.

I have no interest in committing the rest of my life to a woman who expects me to be the man but doesn't expect to have to be a woman. Fuck that.

• What if she makes her own money? Like equal to you or even more?

• That happens, but it's unlikely. Regardless, I would still want a woman who was good at cooking. To me, that's just something a good woman should know how to do, just as a good man should know how to provide and protect, and take care of the house, yard, cars, etc. I think some degree of gender roles is a good thing. Men and women are different whether society wants to acknowledge it or not.

• I love to cook, so that's not an issue. Cleaning is not my favorite of things but its not like I have rigorous expectations demanding she be the typical housewife. Whatever girl I fall in love with, I will embrace her dynamic and work with it to make the best possible situation. If she doesn't like to clean then goddanmit I'll hire a maid.

What Girls Said 2

• i think I'm gonna b a crap wife:'(
    i can't cook well. do u know how important food is in my culture? lol
    I'm doomed.

• As a girl, I want to clean, cook and pamper my future husband as much as I can; even washing his feet and kissing them after he's worked hard all day, give him dinner and dessert and give him tonnes of kisses and cuddles! Some men don't like the idea of this though and think it's "too much", so I think it's just a matter of finding the right man :)