Would you want your future wife to have a high paying job, or be a housewife/stay at home mom?

Question pretty much says it all, but please i want some explanations & opinion from you men. :)

• Stay at home Mom or housewife
  • Have a high paying job (ex. a nurse)
  • Have a college degree but stay home with our kids
  • As the man of the house, i will get the money

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd like a situation where my future wife and I could switch between taking care of the kids and going to work, even though that might not be possible.

If my wife is the one who stays at home with the kids all the time, then I run the risk of becoming emotionally distant from my kids, and she and I will live in completely separate worlds, which would generate a lot of friction between us at home. On the other hand, if I stay at home while my wife goes to work all the time, the same problem comes up.

What Guys Said 10

• My brother works his ass off while his wife stays home to watch the kids and smoke cigarettes and get tattoos with his hard earn money. No fuckin way would I have anyone live with me and not financially contribute.

• Whatever she wanted. If she wanted to have a job, I would be willing to take care of the kids. If she wanted to take care of the kids, I would go and get a job. I wouldn't want both of us to have a job because kids need parental guidance. Once the kids went off to school, then maybe whoever stays home with the kids could get a part time job, or if they didn't go to college before getting married, take some college classes.

I don't mind either way, both having a job and taking care of kids is hard. At least if you're taking care of the kids the RIGHT way it is.

• Not to be a sexist or anything but I do prefer my wife to stay at home to look after the children instead since that gives me comfort in my mind but if she chooses to rather go out and have a job I'm fine with that as well as long the children are taken care of.

• I have no preference on her work or how much she makes. I know I want to be wealthy so that neither of us has to work, so that we spend our time solely on things that matter or jobs we care about. Our dreams. If her dream is a high paying job, then I want her to do that job. Not for the money but because it's what she wants.

• She should have a career that she finds fulfilling. Except in the early years of a child's life, I don't think being a stay-at-home mother per se can be fulfilling. That said, she could be a home-schooler, and, with the poor state of even many private schools these days, that might be a tempting option. And, of course, these days, there are more possibilities for working from home.

• I'd prefer her to have a job. Two incomes would be nice.

• Personal I don't care, as long as she is happy doing what she does.

• It really doesn't matter, as long as she's happy doing what she's doing, I'm happy.

• sexy young housewife for me please.

• I'm paid I get money got that covered already

• In my country a nurse is a low paying job lol seriously

What Girls Said 5

• if a man can't handle me rakin in le mulla then i seriously would rather be forever alone. I'm not the type who can stay home. i gotta b out there in the world doing something=]

• I would like to work because I love my job. I love my job passionately.
    I have put so much effort into it.
    But, If I have kids someday, I like to be with them, when they are babies. I want to watch them growing up and be with them. Later, I want to continue to my professional life. I think a woman who is working and independent, is good example for kids.

• I want to be a stay-at-home mom, at least while my kids are young. I would probably prefer to get a pt job once they were in school though.

• A small part time job + housewife is what I would like.

• A nurse isn't a high paying job XD it's fairly average.

I'd prefer to be able to do both. I actually want to get into something freelance so I can stay home with the kids and homeschool them, but work and make money on my own as well.

I think it's a pretty idea to get into a marriage with no skills or work experience and let the man pay for everything. Even if you are a housewife you should always have savings to the side. I mean, I don't mean to be negative, but if worst comes to worst and your husband ends up becoming abusive you don't want a women's shelter/homelessness to be your only option. It's pretty smart to have a little nest egg just in case something comes up.

• I think it's a pretty BAD idea to get into a marriage with no skills or work experience*