Is seven months enough to marry someone you love? Girls and guys?

Let's that you know this person for 7 months and he was with you in everything. He supported you in everything and really cares for you and your child because he's his/her uncle and he ask you for marriage, what would you do? Especially that he's very serious about it and he can take responsibility for everything. He have a good income and very honest and attractive.

• I would marry him.
  • I would wait a little longer.
  • I would leave him for good.
  • I don't know.
  • only you can decide, it's up to you.

Most Helpful Guy

• I voted E. I will offer this advice though. You might want to wait until the flame of passion burns out before you consider marriage. Are you still going to be crazy about this guy when he only wants sex maybe once a week, and would rather watch football or anime than talk to you about whatever? Because that's going to happen eventually, with any guy. A lot of women foolishly believe their husband is always going to be perfect, always going to give them three orgasms a day, always going to want to talk to them, tell them what they want to hear, etc. That's simply not the case.

In every long-term relationship the two of you will eventually get bored with each other for a while. There will be times when that passion fires up again, but those phases will be brief. Mainly you just need to understand that it won't be all sunshine and rainbows. It takes commitment to make a marriage work, and I mean you also committing when he's sick, poor, unemployed, not in the mood to have sex, etc. Same applies to him, you might burn out quicker than he does, leaving him wanting sex every night, while you don't. You need to be sure both of you will hang in there when this inevitably happens.

What Guys Said 9

• Some people I have known dated for year, then married, and ended with divorce. Others knew each other much less time and are still together. One couple I know married less than two months after meeting and are still strong after more than 35 years of marriage. It depends on the people. Unfortunately, too many people are "sure" they are in love quickly, and learn they are not after marrying. I don't know of a secret formula to tell the true love from the "mad infatuations".

At the very least, both of you should have no doubts when you marry. That won't guarantee it, but it usually means there is a better chance than those who enter marriage with doubts.

• I know someone who actually got married within a matter of weeks of meeting and dating a girl. They have been married roughly 10 years now if not more and have 2 kids and a house and are happy. I know people who have waited years and then the marriage has broken down.

There is no real time frame you can truly stick to. Sure under a year seems so soon for most and sometimes you just know when you know. If it feels right and something clicks then for some people it works. Fact is more people break up than stay together so there is no guarantee. It comes down to personal judgements.

• I dont care if he's some kind of prince or she's a queen no way you can marry someone in just 7 months of knowing him No way. if you want it to be the real deal and last you hardly even know each other.

• Considering how quickly people get divorced nowadays, I wouldn't get married unless I've been with someone for at least 2 years, preferably 3 or 4. But that's just me.

• 7 months is a recipe for divorce. You're just as likely to despise him in 4 years time, even if he's the same good man he is now (women do that all the time).
    4 years would be a much safer bet.

• Usually 2-3 years is enough for you to get to know someone.
    7 months, No No No

• DON'T DO IT!!! IT'S ONLY 7 MONTHS AND BESIDES THAT YOU'RE TOO YOUNG TO MARRY!!! NO NO NO DON'T THROW YOUR LIFE AWAY!!!

• it is a little short for marrige

• You mean i should wait years?

• You should wait until you are actually ready for commitment like this. You seem unsure and unconfident about this whole marriage thing so i suggest you take it slow until you are ready.

• yes , just go for it ,

What Girls Said 15

• Only you can decide. I've known couples who waited months to get married and have stayed together for many years, and other couples who've waited years and divorced within a few more. So, it's really up to you guys; the quality of your relationship, and how committed you are to each other. I feel like many people just aren't willing to make it work when things get tough.

• Isn't that against the bro code? Marrying your brother in law?
    I don't think it's enough time or little time. I know someone who dated her husband for 6 months and then got married. They've been married 4 years and they are very happy together and it's going to last for sure.
    Also other people date for 10 years, get engaged for 5 finally get married and two years later they are divorced.
    I guess what I'm saying is if it feels right it's right. Just don't marry smoke out of convenience or because it would be better for little Billy. Marriages like that tend to fail sooner or later and just look like your life went into a black hole and sucked half of your life away.

• wow hell no... to me anyway.

honestly, from meeting him to actually marrying him, id like it to be at least 2.5years...

maybe u should just get to know him better before making this huge decision hun.

• I noticed you wrote about how he feels about you and the things he would do for you. But what about you? How do you feel about him? Do you even WANT to marry him? I'd say give it more time to make sure it's what you really want. This is a decision you're stuck with for the rest of your life.

• Only you can decide this and how you feel about somebody and whether they are going to make you truly happy and fulfilled and vice versa. I don't think there is a timeframe for this type of thing - if it works and you feel it in your heart, head and gut, then go for it. Also, make sure that your vision for the future is aligned - no nasty surprises a few months down the line - goals, dreams, hopes, wants, needs, desires mirror each other as much as possible. Good luck.

• I would wait, there is nothing urgent and when you are young and have time to wait there is nothing wrong to wait a little more. Many of my friends broke up after three years with there boyfriend, if you're happy right now, there's no reason to get married to fast

• I'm happy but he he's thinking of starting a family and i don't want to lose him because he's perfect for me. But i still don't know :(

• Sure but there's never need to rush things. It's just my opinion

• I would wait a little longer to assess his personality and sincerity. I dont want to rush things, I realised people rush too soon into marriage and regret later. However I know a friend who married her husband after being with him for less than a year and now they have a daughter.

• Is she happy with him? Things are different to me i have a daughter and she's not his. But he love her so much and he always there for me and her.

• I didn't keep in touch with her anymore, but she is the easy going and laid back type at that time she seem to be cool with her partner. I believe time will tell a person true characters, prefer to observe longer.

• Sorry, I'm gonna bombard you with more questions... What is the age of this guy? Are you guys already living together? It sounds too soon. I feel like he wants to Marry you because you're from a rich family. If you're gonna get married, always seek a lawyer's advice for a pre nup. Marriages end too quickly these days.

• He's 25 years old and he live alone and i live alone with my daughter. And believe me, me and my family aren't close at all. He supported me in everything when i needed someone while my parent's were mad at me because I'm pregnant. He helped me to move on. Look we met in a very difficult conditions but i felt that he's the one from the first time i saw him. What do you think?

• It's weird he came on to you because your child is his niece. If you marry him, won't your child grow up thinking, confused her uncle is also her father? It sounds kinda incest to me...

• It's completely up to you, and when you personally feel like you know him well enough to commit to him for life.
    Some people will marry after only a few months, some a few years, some will never marry at all and just stay in a relationship.
    There are no rules just personal judgement, if you feel you know him as well as you can and trust him whole heartedly then go for it there's nothing to stop you, but if there's any ounce of doubt in your mind, even if it's only the tiniest bit, leave it a while longer.
    Good Luck :)

• In my experience... people who want to tie you to them (through pregnancy or marriage) while knowing you so little have psychological issues you do not want to deal with.

• I would wait at least a year, but everyone is different. Only you can decide what you feel is right for your relationship :)

• I got married just shy of a year of dating.

• It's a short time to really get to know someone but if it feels right then do it.

• I feel that i'm really attracted to him even more than my ex boyfriend. I feel that i really want to be with him all the time.

• If that's the way you feel then I don't see why you shouldn't get married

• Love blinds people.

• My parents dated for 6 months and married after that. Theyre still together now.

• And they're happy right?

• Yes they are. Although they fight sometimes which is normal. You know, if u love him and if you know by heart that he's sincere, then you should marry him. A guy like that should not be taken for granted. But you do not have to hurry because if he really loves you then he could wait until you're ready.