Do you agree that guys give girls a favor by marrying them?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Hello MR. Old Fashioned, you are from India right so listen we India girls do so many thinks favors in your words,

Favor no.1 we marry a stranger just for the happiness of our parents,
    Favor no.2 we leave our home, parents, friends and siblings just because we have responsibilities to our new home[but favor as you think]

Favor no.3 we give our whole life to the man we marry we treat his parents like our

And many more.

What Girls Said 7

• No... I don't know how understand how it can be a favor. If I get married to a guy it means I love him and want to make the ultimate commitment to him... If by favor you mean me asking him to commit to me for the rest of my life sure. But I do that favor for him as well. It goes both ways.

• No. Marriage isn't a 'favour,' it's a commitment to someone you love, and potentially want to spend the rest of your life with. She doesn't owe him for being nice enough to marry her, nor would he if she proposed to him. It doesn't work that way.

• Seeing as that is only the RELIGIOUS description if it, then any atheist are free to disagree.
      Marriage as a legally binding agreement favors the woman, and since marriage as a legally binding agreement shouldn't be needed in the first place to stay together for life, then you can arue that marriage as a legally binding agreement is in fact a favor.

But as a religious ritual (as you describe it) i do agree

• Well yes, that is correct, maybe I misunderstood the OP's question. Unfortunately, as you say women often are favoured in terms of divorce settlement, equality goes out the window. Interesting perspective on your part!

• No I don't know how it can be a favor If I marry a guy it's me who give him that favor to be a real man, I don't need a guy anyway I complete my self and guys are just destruction to me.

And between this Asker is an asshole he always post annoying questions just to annoy and get girls attention..

• No? Why the fuck would they be doing them a favor? You only get married if you love them and see yourself with them for a long time. It's not a favor to either person it's a mutual agreement.

• No, thats bullshit.

• I agree that it isn't a favour but I think you could argue that marriage is more for women than men and less of a risk. They normally want it more and almost always lose less (they usually initiate divorce and usually get the most).

• @Riverock

• Well I saw a stat somewhere (can't find it now) that said that increasing number of women see marriage as important and the opposite for guys. The wedding is more of a woman thing yes, but I think most of the law surrounding divorce is to protect the wife and any kids they may have, often at the expense of the father.

• A favor? Why the hell a guy marrying a girl is giving her a favor? Ah, I see, you're 'Old fashioned' on GAG.

• I've never heard of this. People who get married as a "favor" seem pretty retarded if you ask me :)

What Guys Said 3

• Only if they don't want to get married, and that could go for either gender. Though one could argue women get more benefits of marriage in the case of divorce.

• It can go either way depending on the various traits.

• Yes.

In the past, the man and the woman both benefited roughly equally from marriage. Not so today. Men get less from marriage that women today, which is why fewer and fewer men are interested in marriage while more and more women are wanting to get married.