How do men know when they met the woman they want to marry?

Obviously we know he wants to marry her when he proposes. But in a relationship what are signs that he probably will propose one day?

My bf and I talked at beginning of our relationship. I said I only enter relationship with intention of marriage. He is on the same page. We are both religious that's why.

What Guys Said 1

• It's complicated, but men see women in 3 ways.
    1. good to marry (wife material)
    2. good for just sex
    3. Wouldn't even have sex
    It's very complex and differs from man to man

What Girls Said 1

• How long have you been dating?

• A month

• Then you won't know for quite a while. Once you have your first HUGE fight that threatens everything, you'll be able to see if he's in it to stay. If he is, that still doesn't necessarily mean he'll propose anytime soon, but it's a step closer.. You have to know him better than he knows himself and vice versa. You have to know how he will react to just about any situation. How would he act if you had cancer? If you found out your child had Down's syndrome while you were pregnant? If you both lost your jobs, what would he do to provide for you? Things like that, it's not fun to think about in a relationship because you want to focus on being all mushy and gushy, but it's what ends up being the most important. Those things can make or break a marriage.

• ^^Yup all of this^^ then you need to discuss the trivial things that could cause fights as well. How many kids do you want? Where do you want to live? How old do you want to be when you get married? How old do you want to be when you have kids? How often are you going to visit parents/grandparents? Which family are you going to for Thanksgiving? Christmas? etc etc..

but it's only been a month, OP, you have plenty of time to worry about all that stuff later. For now just focus on the romance.

In my opinion you don't need to be worrying about marriage until you've been dating for a year or at the very minimum at least 6 months! Let those butterflies fade before you worry about settling down