Why people don't get marry 💑 anymore?

I've seen a lot of people just living together. but few people get married. So my question. If you love someone and you think she is the one? Why not ask her to marry you?

Most Helpful Girl

• too much cheating, expectations, commitment and trust issues that you have to deal with and seriously living in todays world nobody is willing to put up with it. you can get everything easily, sex, friendship, any kind of expensive stuff that you want you can buy it for yourself. You dont need a companion for all that. This is why western life, media, social sites, p*rn have ruined everyones perfect relationship dream. People are more independent, selfish these days. People are desensitized to all these cute things that you used to be cute before "marriage, being loyal, honest". Even for dating they first look for looks then money, character is like at the bottom of the list. Many people get played and then they end up diverting their focus to something else.

• thanks for MH

What Guys Said 9

• Marriage is not the end goal of the relationship train for a lot of people. Some people have different definitions of a successful relationship. There's also the people who are afraid of commitment, but they get discussed too much.

For some people, they know themselves: They know they are serial monogamists, or non-monogamists, and getting married just to get divorced is a huge unnecessary fight. For others, marriage is just not something they care about. For others, marriage has religious connotations they're not comfortable with, and they are happy defining their own relationship organically. For still others, they're not ready, emotionally, financially, socially, or in some other way, so they wait.

• why get married to begin with if its true love a marriage license does nothing but cause problems?

if either of y'all aren't going anywhere while planning to stay together to death does y'all part that's all that matters right

so why not just give her a ring and call her your wife and take a fake wedding picture and boom your done while living happily ever after

LMAO I ALREADY KNOW IM GOING TO BE DOWNVOTED but hell screw it

• Exactly. Seems like some women don't really want marriage, they want a wedding. Honestly I don't care either way but divorce is expensive and usually costs the male party MUCH more than the female.(If its a hetero marriage.)

• @tellme1 SHEEEITTTTT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70eU840lc38 but yea people need to take my route that way people leave with what they came LOL

@albundyfan thanks man im tried of people bashing my black ass for saying that, they call me dumb right BUT THEY'RE RISKING POTENTIALLY EVERYTHING YOU OWN while the broad on the other hand has no risk involved

hell she can cheat on you get CAUGHT and the system still gone rob us as men LOL couldnt be me tho fuck that

• tired*
      they own*
      risks*

• Mainly because if more people got married, more people would get divorced. It's testing the waters by living with eachother before getting married.

• There's a lot of terrible legal stuff that comes up if you get married that turns people off.

• I know tons of people who just got married and a couple of couples who have set dates.

• If i could find a real woman / girl that we could love each other yes i like marriage

• what is a piece ofpaper going to do , i love her and she loves me the goverment dosent need to know this. all that matters is , i want to spend the rest of my life with her , plus it cost to much

• Because I've been wrong before and divorce is a real bitch.

• It's not really necessary, if you're living together. It's a piece of paper, really. Financially, marriage makes sense. That's the only real reason to get married now

What Girls Said 5

• The bigger question is, why do you think people have to get married to prove they love each other? Plenty of couples love each other and are 100% faithful and committed to each other yet don't want to get married. That's just their personal wishes and that's okay, it doesn't affect anyone else.

A couple reasons why this could be (and this does NOT reflect my personal opinion, it's just a list of possible reasons why other people may not feel a need to get married):
    1) They don't want the financial or legal entanglements that marriage entails
    2) The ridiculously high divorce rates. While some couples may really love each other, they don't want to risk the possibility that their relationship may not work out in the end. It's easier (and cheaper) to break up rather than get a divorce.
    3) Some people feel that they don't need a certificate from the government to "validate" their relationship.
    4) Some people feel that marriage does not promise fidelity, it does not promise financial stability, it does not promise happiness, etc. so if someone has all of those components in their relationship already, then they may not feel a need to get married.

Personally, I would like to get married someday but I don't think it's absolutely necessary for everyone. All couples are different.

• Marriage has too many ties, especially with me being in the military. A divorce could result in me being totally fucked over and I'd rather not deal with that. Putting a ring on my finger and throwing big party sounds much easier than actually exchanging vows.

• I dont see the benefits out of marriage

• Because people are stupid and dirty minded but especially very liberal.

• Lol.. why would anyone get married? If you could list so benefits that are 100 percent certain please let me know