Do you think marriage is mainly based on money?

Guys and girls, do you think the main reason people marry is for money?

• Yes
  • No

87

Most Helpful Guy

• Good question. Some do marry for money/other conditions.
    Genuinely I believe the real marriage is the unity of souls & endless selfless care to each other.
    This internal spiritual binding beats any formal written piece of paper.
    My opinion is it's a soul agreement.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 6

• No, but a lot of marriages are based on the wrong things.

• People enter marriages for multiple reasons, money may be one of those reasons depending on the couple.

• No but i know some who have gotten divorced to make more money

• Look at the actions. Women are in it for the money. Look up divorce, alimony, and child support statistics. Marriage is a financial liability for men.

• yea really hard to find a person who doesn't marry just for money
    my uncle married a woman that's all she did was stay with him cause
    of money plus he worked his ass off for money, he passed away Feb 2014
    and now she's living on his money.

• If you had to ask in this day and age you've just covered your eyes to society altogether.

What Girls Said 8

• My thoughts? No.

- You've got the people marrying for religious reasons. They believe they cannot give themselves to their partner until they are married under the eyes of God, or whoever.

- You've got the people who's parents raised them with traditional values, it's a cultural thing for them to marry.

- You've got the people who just like it, they just like the idea of marriage and see the benefits

- And of course you have the pisstakers.

Overall I don't think it has anything to do with money. Marriage isn't/shouldn't be about money; but maybe that's my personal viewpoint blurring things. Besides if it was solely about money, why do pre-naps exist?

• Not really unless you're jordan

• For some people sure, the majority though, I think it's because they think they're in love.

• Ofcourse not... for me, it's about love and commitment..

• It can be a factor in a marriage but I don't think marriages are mainly based on money.

• Majority I believe they do that due to love or impulse moments
    minority- yes money

• Yes for celebrities getting married. No for overall society, depends on how fast they get a divorce.

• women: security (money), status (having a man to show off) and to have kids.

men: security (meals, clean house, someone to make them feel great about themselves) and expecting to get sex easier and last status (sign of success).