My boyfriend's grandmother said something creepy to me?

So I've been with a guy named "Jacob" for about a year now. This past weekend, he and his family went to the beach. His mother invited one of her friends, as well as his daughter, "Celine".
Today I went over to Jacob's home to see him, but he wasn't there. His grandmother was the only one home, but she invited me in anyhow, telling me that she wanted to "have a moment with me".
So I went in the home, she asked me if i had heard about their going to the beack to see Celine and her dad. I said yes, and she said that she wanted to talk to me about it...
So I sit down with her, and she basically told me that, although I am a nice girl, she (as well as Jacob's mother) never really "believed" that I was the "right one". She then tells me that Jacob's mother and her friend (Celine's dad) had wanted Jacob and Celine to "get married" one day, but didn't think the approrpiate time to introduce each other wasn't until this weekened. Se then tells me how much Jacob's mother wanted things to work out between Celine and Jacob, but still has yet to tell Jacob of this plan...
She then pretty much asks me to break up with Jacob, telling me that she wants him to be with her...
I'm in shock, and upset. Jacob has no idea what this plan was all about, and I'm just really upset, and I have no idea what to do now...
help? Jacob's always been so happy with me, I don't know :/

Most Helpful Guy

• This is fucked up. Don't break up just because of what that crazy old lady told you. Why want to influence such an important thing like the love life of your own child? These people are crazy. Do they live in some kind of sect?
    Just try and find out how was at the beach for him and what happened.
    Telling him? Have no idea. I mean, he would go to his family and start a fight and tension will appear. Things will happen: they can say you are a jealous possesive bitch and "look what she is doing to you".

What Guys Said 3

• Tell him and talk to him about it. I'm sure he will be on your side and be upset at his family, and they will leave you alone.

• And in which country do you live?

• Ouch, its going to be hard to go against an arranged marriage. Your only option here is for him to stand up this situation and stop it or continue it himself. Trust me, there's really not much you can do on your own.

He has to want to be with you more then letting down everyone, possibly wanting that himself, and maybe even liking her as well.

Good luck, your going to need it

What Girls Said 3

• Woah woah woah.

You're under 18. But he has a daughter. What's the age difference here?

She's just a lonely old woman at the end of the day. She wants to spend time with him. Does anyone else have an issue with you two?

• I think if anyone is really going to understand you, its only Jacob, and you should speak to him about the whole thing. I am sure he will clear all your doubts. All the best :)

• Call your boyfriend and tell him what his grandma told you.

• It's like a rich family plan, is jacob from a rich family if it is the case tell him and make him choose you or Celine..