If I'm not able to date a woman I'm really excited about, should I date and marry a woman who I'm only sort-of excited about?

I'm 32, single, and I've never been married. I think I have a lot going for me (education, a good job, in good physical shape, etc.), but it's difficult for me to really connect with a woman and build a great relationship. Besides that, I lack confidence, and am generally not very well-respected socially.

I've been in a few relationships with really beautiful women with great qualities, but it's becoming clear to me that I may never build a connection with such a woman that's strong enough that it leads to marriage. In about 2 years, I'll have the means of quitting my job and traveling indefinitely if I'd like to. I think that might be more appealing than marrying a woman I'm not very excited about, although it would admittedly be very lonely and unfulfilling to spend a lifetime alone and to never have a family.

So the question is, do I "settle", so to speak, and marry a woman I'm only somewhat excited about so I can get started with a family, or do I hold out and quit my job to travel if I can't find "the one"?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Most Helpful Girl

• What's your hurry, u are still young. U don't have a biological clock. If I were u I'd travel and see the world who knows who u could meet along the way. Don't ever marry someone u aren't excited about, because marriage will make her less exciting believe me. You would regret it

What Girls Said 3

• improve yourself so you can get the women you want. you say you don't have confidence and aren't respected, so work on those issues before you settle for a woman u don't really want

• No.. coz there's a big possibility that you'll easily lose what you called "excitement" for her. And it's not reasonable enough for marriage to work out.

• I say focus on your career for now don't settle bc thats not fair to you or her. Who knows u might meet your future wife on your future travel adventures hope this helps :)

What Guys Said 0