Will you marry your first love , if you get the opportunity, despite being married/divorced /have other relationships with others?

They say nothing like first love and people often say they never loved anyone like their first gf/bf.

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe. There's a difference between someone you can fall in love with and someone you can fall in love with again and again over 40 plus years. I'd have no problem marrying her if I knew it would last but there'd be a few conditions.

We'd both need to be late 20s minimum. We'd both need to have good careers. We'd both need to want to get married. We'd both need to agree on the number of kids we'd have and how we'd raise them. We'd both need to respect the other and be able to resolve arguments in a healthy way.

You don't need any of that to love but in my opinion you need that to have a successful marriage. Anyone can fall in love but being able to have a successful marriage requires a lot more.

Some strike gold on the first attempt and find all of that in their first love which is great but plwnty don't. Love doesn't conquer all, you need a lot more to stay in love for decades.

What Guys Said 4

• Yes for sure
    she was the most amazing person and i would still do anything for her

• I will first talk to my current partner

• Despite being married or having other relationships? No.
    That's insane.

• hahaha no. I'm always looking for something better.

What Girls Said 5

• I actually married my first and only love (boyfriend) this Sept. :)

• I married my first an only love, sadly we had our marriage annulled.

• I want to marry the guy who I trust with my heart. Who respects me and wants to make me happy. Who understands me. Someone who I feel happy to give to because he gives to me. I've dated selfish and in that case I have no desire to give myself because he is so selfish. I've liked many guys but have yet to truly love someone. However my new bf is potential. But if you mean your first love in the teenager sense then no. That's usually infatuation.

• No I wouldn't marry my first love since he was a bad person for many reasons. But my first boyfriend I'll hopefully marry one day :)

• My first BF couldn't hold a candle to my husband, I don't know very many people who stay with the first. They usually aren't the best for us, as we're just learning what it is we want in a partner, as well as how to be a good partner.