When couples look for a new house to live in, do the woman usually decides which house to buy?

Do most of the time the woman does the choosing as to which house to live in, when both husband and wife have just a little slight friendly difference as to the kind of house they like?

Most Helpful Girl

• Me and my husband have been looking to buy a house. I want him to love the house as much as I do. I don't want him to buy a house he hates, just like I don't wanna buy I hate either. It would have to be one that we both liked before we would buy it. I shouldn't have all the say in it and neither should he... its both our money, and our home... not just my money and my home.

What Girls Said 4

• No, you definitely have to compromise. It's not right for one person to get what they want and the other just have to "deal with it." Make a wish list, together agree on the must-haves and go from there.

• Not that we are looking to move from our beautiful country cottage, but if we were am sure it would be me calling the shots.

After all it is the woman that makes a house, a home. :)

• But wouldn't that mean, the guy is letting his woman walk all over him?

Also their are a lot of guys who do know how to take care of a home. I wouldn't sell them short

• No not necessarily, my husband would be only too pleased to let me make a house a home.

After all it was him who moved into my cottage seven years ago, and has never, ever complained about how I've got it set out.

And perhaps you are right in saying that there may well be some guys who do know what they are doing in making a home... I do though firmly believe that the majority would still be the woman making the home.

• Since it's your cottage, then it's understandable that you making the rules cause you bought it, I was talking about a couple looking for a place together equally.

• I'm not looking for a house with my boyfriend but Already know how it will be. I'm looking for a new flat to rent, he's the one who makes the call.

• Usually yes. Women tend to be more fussy in their choice of home, and are generally more stubborn.

• But does that mean he's letting her walk all over him?

• Well... who is going to be spending the most time in the house? Whoever is going to be there the most should have more of a say.

• Have you read "H_edwards" comment and the female Anonymous comment up above? Compromise is what makes a happy marriage

What Guys Said 3

• i believe that's true, because girls think that guys lack in taste :-(

• Smart man you are.

• Thanks but why say that?

Sometimes it can be kind of selfish if in the relationship it's all about her

• Woman dream about the perfect wedding, perfect house to raise a family. They have a house in their head and won't settle for anything that isn't a close match. Is it selfish, a little. But you aren't going to change her mind.

• LOL fuck that. New wife time.