I cheated on my husband should I tell?

I slept with my husband's best friend and I don't know if I should tell him. It happened once before on our wedding night when I got very drunk and again recently. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• LOL. Smooth move. You slept with your husband's best friend on your wedding night? How the fuck does that even happen? You weren't even married for 24 hours before you hopped on another guy's dick! Jesus H Fuck! Seriously. Worst wife ever.

Tell him, and then crawl in a hole and don't come out.

What Guys Said 17

• You should tell his friend to fuck off. He's not really a friend, but just an opportunist prick.

Then keep your mouth shut. Yes, I know it may ease your conscience to confess, but your innocent husband will then suffer for years because of it. Ignorance can be bliss.

• Yes you should tell him. He deserves to know what you did and how you do not love or respect him at all. He deserves to be with someone who does love him and doesn't cheat. Also, cheating on him on your wedding night? That is disgusting beyond belief.

• I think you should tell him, so he can get rid of two shitty people from his life, but I'm sure you'll keep it a secret and carry on smashing his "best friend".

Any man reading this who is even contemplating get married should have a serious rethink. It's not too late to break off the engagement.

• Yes, you should. Otherwise, you will be continuing to live a lie, which will destroy you emotionally.

• You shouldn't be married. Don't say you love your husband either. If you loved him how could you do such a hurtful thing?

• Well that's a problem, you have two betrayals. One by you and one by his "friend". If you are truly over the fling and really want it to work with your hubby then you have to break it off with his buddy and focus on the relationship with your husband. That being said neither of you can ever speak of it because it would devistate your husband in so many ways. So really really break off the affair and agree with him to shut up and be cool. Otherwise you will ruin 2 relationships instead of one. But from the sounds of it he isn't that great of a friend for your husband anyways.

Your call

• Probably best to not tell you husband, unless you want to first explore whether or not he has a cuckold fantasy. A surprising number of men do. If that is the case, he would probably want you to do it often and while he watches while wearing a chastity cage. Seriously. Google cuckold and see what comes up. Some interesting psychology papers have been written on the subject.

• A lot of people are saying to keep quiet. Negative. If you love him and want to repair your marriage, then you MUST tell him. There is three things, I believe, that make marriage work. Honesty, trust, and communication. Not telling him would be breaking all of those. You've already broken his trust, now be honest and communicate with him. Why did you cheat? What reasoning? Are you just a horny woman who doesn't get what she needs at home, or is there another issue?

• If he knows he'll be hurt.
    Do you want to hurt him?

• If you plan to cheat again then tell him.. if you don't then dont

• I say you don't tell him. Nothing good comes from it.

• he deserves to know.

• Unless you've actually experienced this, I would ask you to re-think what he deserves.
      No-one deserves to find out that his wife has been cheating. It can be devastating, and an unnecessary experience.

• I agree it is devastating, but you didn't think about that when you cheated on him.

• People like you...

• Damn that's harsh and a though decisions to make.

• Most people will say you should tell him because they hate cheaters and want to see people like you suffer. That is actually horrible advice. I would also give you that advice except that would also hurt your husband when there is no need to make an innocent suffer. Sometimes ignorance can be bliss. Your husband will be happier not knowing of your betrayal.

If you want to destroy your marriage, then go ahead and tell him. Otherwise keep your mouth shut, and don't drink anymore since you clearly can't be trusted with alcohol. I would also suggest trying to move away from your area so that you can drive a wedge between your husband and his "friend" so that his friend won't ever get angry and decide to hurt your husband by telling him.

• She will suffer more if she doesn't get the chance to confess and ease her conscience. That's justice, and no-one innocent will be hurt.

• @ Tractorbeam. I agree. If she is really sorry about what she did, the least she can do is suffer in silence rather than ripping her husbands heart out just so that she can relieve herself of some quilt.

@asker, Make sure you didn't get pregnant. Your husband deserves better than to be tricked into raising another man's child.

• no it will spoil EVERYTHING

What Girls Said 6

• Yes, I think you should. He deserves to know that he's married to a cheater so he can have the ability to make his own choice about whether or not he wants to be with you.

• No man deserves that much pain. Let her suffer in silence, without being able to ease her conscience by confessing.

• Um, yeah. He deserves to know so he can leave her.

• have u considered letting your husband free? u obviously dont love him right?

• I think you should tell him, the longer you wait, the worse it will be when you tell him.

• What a poor husband. I am sad for him. You should tell him. If you don't tell , you should divorce from him.

• Yes. Things like that always come out eventually, it's better if he hears it from you. It'll be a problem either way, but a lesser one if you show that you respect him enough to tell him.

• Tell him, clearly there is no point in you being married at all if you sleep with his best friend so tell him and end it. Save both of you the trouble of maintaining the facade.