If you were proposed to with a ring pop, would you accept?

You are madly in love.
This man is every thing you could have imagined.
Except he is at no point in life where he could afford to buy you the ring you've always dreamed of.
Instead he proposes to you with a ring pop.

I hear all of the time... it's the symbol that counts.
Would you accept the proposal because the symbol is far more meaningful than the expense of any ring?

-----------
Men, If you were financially unstable would you consider this? Just to show the woman you love that you take her "seriously?"

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not really a big fan of marriage but hypothetically if I was going to get married and couldn't splurge on a ring I'd get something cheap and makeup meanings for them to seem really deep and thoughtful

Maybe something like this...

www.craftkitsandsupplies.com/.../Rings_1319.jpg

The pink one could represent my heart and when she wear it that symbolizes that my heart belongs to her. The butterfly symbolizes how my spirits soar when im with her. The creasent moon symbolizes new beginnings/ new chapter in our lives. The square represents the home we will share together. The triangle can represent the three kids we will have. The two circles represent that my love for her has no end, and finally the clover symbolizes wealth so that represents the years of prosperity that we would spend together since I didn't pay for an overpriced ring :p

Shell either love it or think I'm completely full of shit. Probably the latter 💩

What Guys Said 12

• I wouldn't consider proposing unless I was financially stable, and by financially stable I mean filthy rich. In that case, I would purchase a giant rock just to prove how much material means to her. If she starts calling me a sexist pig saying money doesn't matter, I'd be hard pressed not to leave her for her deceitful lies, and would wonder how the heck I didn't catch this repulsive PC behavior sooner in the relationship. Yes, I don't like being wrong, especially when I'm right ;)

The answer is absolutely not, by the way. Pay no heed to my response though, I'm probably never going to get married.

• It seems that there is no reason why you couldn't be committed to one another if that is what you want. Also him providing you with a token to "seal" the deal until he is in a better place, is no big deal. However he can do better than a ring pop. Perhaps he thinks it is cute, but he is asking you to make a major commitment. He can figure out a way to do better than a.50 cent piece of candy, even if he can't get the real thing yet.

• If the expense of the ring is what is showing I am taking her seriously then I'm with the wrong girl.

With that said, I wouldn't choose a ring pop though, because you are supposed to consume those, and I'd rather her not consume the ring.

• I would say yes. Of course some guys have humor and have a funny/joke personality. But in this case I would say yes. It's not necessarily on how expensive the ring is and all. It's about the symbol. If your already having issues with this, then I don't know how your gonna handle worse situations. What happened to your Thanksgiving spirit and being thankful? Jk, the point is yes, I mean that's what a relationship and marriage is about. Working things out and working together in life as one. I would say yes definently. Congratulations and good luck.

• As a man of humor, I'd probably do it if I was 100% certain she would be fine with it (which I would probably be if I knew her enough to want to marry her).

• Its a really sweet gesture, I would.

As long as we don't sugar coat our marriage, we'll be fine.

• I would prefer her to buy the ring if she was financially stable and I was not. Even possibly give me one instead. I actual do not like buying any form of jewelry. I do not think jewelry is a good expression of love. Then again my wife thinks it is a waste of money too.

• wow... you both share the same views.

• engaged rather.

• I actually did get rings because at the time it was important to me. Honestly if I did it again I would discuss the idea of rings. I really do not care about society's expectations on me or relationships.

• Of course. The actual ring would probably be of little consequence if you were in love with someone. Plus it's hilarious, and makes for a funny story.

• I'm financially stable and I'd still do this for the lols. Any woman who doesn't laugh and then immediately cry and say yes, I wouldn't say that to in the first place.

• Id eat it, then question said persons sanity. Then realize im just as crazy and make some crazy fucking kids

• Yes I would... its the thought that counts

• I proposed with a studded cock ring

What Girls Said 12

• I told my fiancé multiple times that he didn't have to get me a ring, I would have said yes to a ring pop. I stick by that 110%, and kinda wish he did (simply because then we'd have more money to spend on a honey moon). I love him though and can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him.

• ok.. putting aside my general aversion to marriage.

Say I did find love. and, I had changed my mind on many things...

and he was the guy.. and he proposed with a Ring Pop...

I'd say yes..

hell, he could weave a blade of grass into a ring and I'd say yes if he was "the one"

• People who aren't in a position to buy a ring have no business getting married, and therefore have no business getting "engaged"

So no. This is exactly why I don't consider people engaged until they have a date set and a venue booked. A lot of people like to say they're engaged when they're really just dating.

• Well considering I was proposed to with no ring at all and I accepted , I might think it's a cute gesture And if I really loved him I would accept regardless. Material things don't mean a lot to me. They are nice to have but I don't need a fat rock for a guy to show his love for me.

• I'm not sure. That's pretty tricky. I'm someone who just likes significant things like that to be very special. A ring pop to me would show that someone just didn't put that much time or effort into a proposal. Even if it was someone I deeply cared for, I'd feel like I'd deserve something a little more, you know? :D

I don't know, those are just my thoughts on that scenario.

• Yeah, I think it's cute. I would!

(But if they're financially stable but just don't like to spend money, then no)

• Lol yeah, that would be fucking awesome. I'd keep it forever too after I ate it. 😂

• That is so tacky. Also no

• Hell yea!!! food is way better than diamonds. Matter of fact get me unlimited supply of ring pops. Watermelon

• Yes, if I was truly in love it wouldn't matter and that would be cute AF! :D ^_^

• If I love him, then yes. Why not? If I don't love him, then a million diamond rings won't do.

• I would accept if he's the one for me, and I'd be very happy about it, but I might just get something more appropriate to wear during our engagement, if he can level with me on that.