Do both people in most marriages and long relationships both love each other?

Do both people in most marriages and relationships love each other? Or does one person love more and the other tolerates for the sake of a relationship or other factors like children, money, etc?

  • Usually both are in love
    67% (4)29% (2)46% (6)Vote
  • Usually one is in love & the other tolerating
    33% (2)71% (5)54% (7)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
3|5

Most Helpful Guy

  • Fuck marraige it's a good way to ruin a great relationship.

    1|0
    2|0

What Guys Said 4

  • I have in my time seen some AMAZING marriages. Where both of the couple absolutely adored one another. You read about couples who sometimes die within moments of one another. I am convinced that one can be so completely connected with another that their spirits become one in some way I do not understand.

    Sadly however I think that is not the norm. I think the norm is that people may love one another, but often it turns into toleration as you described rather than loe.

    0|1
    0|0
  • I'd estimate that 80% of men could stay in love with the same partner forever, if she would show some love in return.
    80% of women cannot stay in love with the same partner forever, and 50% will have fallen out of love within about 4 years. 44% of marriages will end because of that. That's just instinctive for women, and there's not much anyone can do about it.

    Out of the marriages that don't end in divorce, only about 36% of them could still be called loving marriages, where the wife will still love her husband for 20 years or more. In the other 64%, men will eventually just give up ever expecting any affection from their wife, and they will stop wasting their time trying to show any affection.

    The biggest problem is that all women are equally convincing for the first few years, and will actually believe they are permanently in love for the long term.

    Here's why. www.macleans.ca/culture/books/the-two-year-itch/

    0|0
    1|0
    • Those sound like theories - not conclusive facts.

    • Show All
    • @Asker, ask 100 men if you've got time.
      The results will be the same.

    • Curious that previous research said the opposite. Not that I disagree (or agree) ... It just seems science can't make up its mind.

  • i believe "B" is more accurate

    0|1
    0|0
  • Well that's how it should be but a lot of times that isn't the case

    0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

  • I've asked my Mom about this before. The way she explains it is, she still loves my Step-dad, It's just a different type of love then it was in the beginning.

    1|0
    0|0
  • They usually both truly love each other

    0|1
    0|1
  • They normally love each other

    0|0
    0|1
Loading...