Why do guys see marriage as a ending instead of a beginning?

curious... why do guys see marriage as a ending instead of a beginning?

0|0
3|7

Most Helpful Guy

• I sure don't see it that way. It's an ending as in the end of just being boyfriend/girlfriend, but it's a beginning to much much more down the road. Getting a home together, having a child, watching that child grow up into a beautiful person and teaching that child everything you know, and the fact that you are with the person you love for life. I can't think of anything more beautiful than that, honestly.

1|0
    0|1

What Guys Said 6

• It can be down to the experience the guy has had in the dating world to. If he has met lots of bad women (not saying all women are bad because they are not) it may put him off marriage.

0|0
    0|0
  • this is being very general. husbands no longer have a say in choices when he get's married. TV husbands have become the but of jokes and has little to no respect. rarely he may be looked at as a father but even than they sometimes look at the wife to answer a question rather than answering it the way he wants.

This is just one example of why some men might not want to marry. there are many other reasons.

0|0
    0|0
  • Interesting point actually. It depends on the girl. If you don't see it as a beginning of something awesome, she's not the one.

1|0
    0|0
  • Most men should be aware that the woman they marry is likely to stop loving them within 4 years (50% of wives do).
    Most would be aware that only 20% of wives will still love them after 20 years.

For a man, a marriage goes like this:
    * Men love women.
    * Women love children.
    * Children love guinea pigs
    Then guinea pig wins, no-one loves the man, and he just pays for the whole deal.

0|0
    1|0
  • Those are typically the guys who are ladies men and who always have women chasing after them. The thought of being with just one seems too confining.

Average guys and ones who are more focused on building a successful life are usually more than willing to marry and settle down.

0|0
    0|0
    • Average guys are just as likely to be divorced for no reason. About 44% of marriages end in divorce.
      1/2 of those who don't end up divorced still end up with a woman who despises them.

• They are still more willing to get married on average though than hot shots like George Clooney for example who has still never married I believe.

• Those men are marrying the wrong women. Most men do... So it's an understandable sentiment.

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• People who don't want to marry see it as a prison. That's not just men. For some reason though men are more likely to marry even though they don't want to, whereas women are at peace and do not feel obligated to marry if they don't want to and will just not do if it doesn't interest them.

I don't know why men do this... I guess bc they don't feel manly otherwise. or maybe bc steady sex can be hard to come by whereas women have an easy then getting sex.

Don't look at dreading marriage as an inevitable part Of the male consciousness. It's not. Plenty if men are quite anxious to find the one and marry. Seeing marriage as an end is how people who don't want marriage think.

Don't marry a guy who sees it as an end. They are in it for the wrong reasons.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because some of them are assholes.

0|1
    0|1
  • Because women become bossy after marriage
    Which is so unattractive

0|0
    0|0