Would you date a guy who doesn't want to have sex before marriage?

Would you?

Most Helpful Girl

• i would.

What Girls Said 11

• honestly, I don't think I could but not because waiting is a bad thing, because it's not.if anything, I admire someone who can wait.i just need to see if there's that connection, heat, chemistry, and trust.i felt all that when I had my first.my first time was the best sex I've ever had because of the feelings that were there and all the emotions.he felt it too.he was the first one to say something about it.i need to feel that again and I don't think I could feel that just by kissing, holding hands, talking, etc. I would need everything before I'm willing to give myyy everything for life to him.let's clear it up though, waiting until marriage is DEFINITELY not a bad thing.

• If you truly care and connect with some one, you don't really need to test it. The sex may not be great at first, but the passion is still there. It is just an awkward passion. You have to learn eachother's sex styles maybe... but sex shouldn't suffer for lack of passion if you love the other person (just my opinion though).

• There shouldn't be an "awkward passion though."i've never even heard of an "awkward passion." what is it?if it's having an awkward silence or feeling weird after sex, then absolutely not.learning each other's sex styles happens in EVERY relationship.honest to god,if the guy I married could no longer have sex for some reason, I could deal with it.sex ISN'T everything, but I need to know that the passion is there.so if I married j and he couldn't have sex again I'd go without and be ok with it.

• Yeah, I would.

• Depends on the guy and if I think he's worth waiting for.

• Yes I would. I think saving yourself for the person you marry is pretty deep. Doing so may create a stronger bond and connection between the couple in the relationship. Although marriage isn't guaranteed success, I don't believe in worrying about the worst case scenario, that being divorce. For me, when I get married someday, I'm not going to go into the marriage unsettling myself about whether we're going to become another marriage statistic. It's better to just enjoy each other and hope for the best. Yeah, marriage isn't smooth sailing all the time. Sometimes people drift apart. It happens. But why cross that bridge before you get to it? If a guy wants to wait until marriage to have sex, I don't see an issue. It's possible to base a relationship on other forms of intimacy. Whether it's a religious value or a moral decision, I'd respect it, for I'd hope someone would do the same for me. Just my opinion.

• 50% of marriages end in divorce. So if I have to hold out for a guy, get married then have sex then divorce it wasn't worth it. I don't think I could.. I want to be a whole with that someone before I got married which we had a base of 5 to 10 years on us.

• That statistic is incorrect: http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/d/divorce.htm

• Http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/divorce.htm

CDC statistics updated as of April 2009 state that 7.1 per 1000 people have married this year and that 3.5 of 1000 people have divorced. That is a rate of very nearly 50%

*This discludes 6 of the US States, although it seems that many a national average is rare in its entirety (in 2005 and 2006 California, Georgia, and several other states were discluded in calculations). Don't doubt yourself Pearl :)

• Thanks-yes I was doubting what I read about

• Yes, I would.

• I would respect him a lot but I would only date him if I was looking for a serious relationship that could lead to marriage. If I did date him we couldn't be together for like 5 years or something, that would have to be a short engagement lol. A guy like that I would want to be married to him soon...idk if I could wait that long and I consider myself tame/slightly prudish. I would probably corrupt him or something lol

• yes

• Definitely :D

• Yeah. I wanted to wait, too. But then I got disillusioned with the idea of marriage altogether. I'd probably date you, though... if you weren't such a douchebag ;)

• No.

• 2 downies for what?! Because I tell the truth and I'm not full of sh*t like the other answerers?! lol w/err.

• I don't know why you got two downs - but it isn't because the other people answering are lying. There are still some people these days who actually value chastity and view sex as the way one consecrates a marriage... something to be had with a husband or a lifetime lover. I don't see how that makes them liars.

• For some reason a lot of people on here lie to make themselves look better and appear like angels. It's pathetic. When it comes down to it I think they'd change their mind pretty quickly. Talk is cheap. I think people who need to wait until marriage to have sex are very naive and immature because it isn't a sensible thing to do at all. They think it makes them better than others and it's the opposite which is true.

What Guys Said 1

• My wife's aunt did. She regretted it.