Is it possible to fall in love with your spouse after marriage?

This question is about the arranged marriages. Since, in this type of marriage the spouses have met through family and a lot of the decision making is weighted by the inputs given by different family members, do men and women agree to marry and then fall in love after marriage? If so, is it possible that they pretend to fall in love because breaking a marriage is a tough and expensive affair?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, it is. My parents had an arranged marriage and I do believe they loved each other in the beginning. Divorce is expensive, true... but no one is pretending lol. It's kind of been obvious for about a decade that things are over. I doubt my parents will officially file for divorce since they care too much about what others think, but I think they're going to try to separate finances eventually and move out.

What Girls Said 2

• Arrange marriage is a tradition in my family and I have attended a lot of them.
    Anyway, my parents were did arrange marriage but they are not the happiest couple. They don't get along but they stay together for family.

But my aunt did arrange marriage too and her marriage is a blissful one. She loves him and he loves her.

• I don't think they will be IN LOVE with them but they will grow to love them as a person

What Guys Said 1

• It is possible. Because after marriage you are going to spend a lot of time together. And you can't help but to find good qualities of your spouse and you can't help but to compromise with each other for the bad qualities. If there is good communication at least, there is a very fair chance of love growing. Unless of course one or both of the parties involved are in love with somebody else at the time of marriage. Then it might be difficult.