What can't a woman do before marriage? (Catholic religion)?

I am unaware of what we can't and can do.

Please explain this to me.

Thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• As a Catholic, I would be happy to explain these things to you :-)

I must first say this, though. I mean no offense to anyone here, but if you want an honest, objective, and most importantly, complete answer to a question about Catholic teachings on matters like this, GAG is not the place to go.

The short and direct answer is this: The same things that men aren't supposed to do either. Have sex before marriage, live together before marriage, use contraception, masturbate, watch p*rn ... you get the idea.

The long answer? I probably won't have enough space here, but I'll do my best...

True, there are a lot of restrictions on what we can and cannot do before (and sometimes, even after) getting married. To the untrained ear - and the untrained heart - they might seem like rules that are silly, arbitrary, and outdated. However, if you take a deeper look, you see a great beauty in it. You won't see so much obeying "rules" as you will fulfilling a covenant, that covenant being with your future husband.

Virginity is a fixed point. Purity, however, is an ongoing process which can be practiced by both virgins AND non-virgins. Things like anal or oral sex, "dry humping", and exchanging "nudes" are, according to the Church, impure. The question is then are you looking for simple pleasure or the truest and most authentic love?

Hmmm, I actually did it! Well, kind of. There's so much more to be said though. If you'd like, you may feel free to send me a private message and I'd be more than happy to help you :-)

What Guys Said 1

• It depends on whether you believe the personal opinions of your your religious leaders, or you believe what was originally written in the Bible.
    English translations/mistranslations of the Bible can be misleading, especially when it comes to premarital sex. Do further research. Here's some explanation.
    www.123helpme.com/...t-a-sin-against-god--view.asp

• It would appear that the Bible's stand on unmarried women is that they shouldn't commit adultery with a married man, or have incestuous sex.
      Any other sexual conduct, alone or with an unmarried man, seems to be fine. There is one condition.

If the unmarried man takes her virginity, he must pay her parents the price they are asking for a virgin, or HE would be guilty of sin. The parents did have the right to sell their daughter into slavery, and virgins were worth more. If he didn't pay, he would be cheating them and guilty of stealing.

What Girls Said 2

• I believe it's: Can't have pre-marital sex, no babies, no moving out of the house with a guy. That's all I can come up with. I'm not Catholic but my mom's side of the family is. They are a bunch of old school, Catholic, Filipinos... blaaah. I can't stand some of them. I remember one of my my aunties asked if I had a boyfriend and I said "Yes" she said "Don't have sex" and I just told her that's too late for that. She looked at me as if I was the last piece of pie on Earth. We weren't even close so it just really pissed me off. If you have the guts to give me advice like that, prepare for an answer you don't like. I told her to shove it! Lmao. I've never done that with any adult.

• Who cares do what ever you want and don't be like these girls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8ZF_R_j0OY