Pinks: Should your future husband knee down when he proposes for marriage to you or is it unneccessary?

• Yes, he should
  • No, i don't want that
  • I'm a guy and wanted to see results

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think it's necessary, but in my opinion it's a very romantic way to ask, it shows that you love her enough to get on your knees for her, something you wouldn't do with, probably, nobody else.
    That's my view of it, and when the time to propose to the girl of my life comes, I'm 100% sure that I will knee down to propose.

What Girls Said 15

• well, let's just say this.

for those of us who want to get married, we are literally dreaming of moments like this since the age of... I don't know, 6 or something. lol. we grow up wanting that perfect guy, watching disney princess movies and sorta subconsciously creating this dream.
    till reality slaps us in the face all like 'girl, ur high. not happening'.

so i guess just wishing for a man to propose in a wonderful way like that is kinda like a compensation for every other part of our dream we lost. I'm old fashioned like that, and quite proud to be so.

• hah ha i hope you will find a guy who treats you like disney princess by the way i dont think this is totally a dream for you girls. i'm a self- confident guy so i can knee down in front of my future wife. i think this wouldn't be a problem for men who have self confidence.

• lol thank u asker and @handsomeraj

• The pleasure is and will always be mine little lioness :-)

• I don't think I'd ever want to get married but no. If I ever got proposed, I would prefer if he stood in his legs facing me.
    We're equals. I am not his Goddess and he's not my faithful servant.

• if he stood on his legs*
      I worded this in a shitty way but w. e.

• Being the dominant one in the bedroom can be hot.
      But outside the bedroom we're equals.

• Ok thanks forvreplyvthen if your guy sees you as his holy goddess and behave like your faithful worshipper in the bedroom (not out of the bedroom) , you would enjoy it, right? :)

• i don't think about this often, but when i have, i always imagined us being across from each other. holding hands. not him on the ground looking up at me. but it really is absolutely up to him, whatever he feels is right.

• What if he really wants to look up at you? Would you enjoy looking down at him in this situation or you wouldn't enjoy but you only would endure it for him?

• in that moment, i'd probably be close to tears lol. so looking down would only make it easier to cry i guess. that's kind of why... i wouldn't want that really. just because i don't want to look like a mess right then. but i wouldn't be against it. it's his moment. whatever he wants. i would be so happy, regardless. things like this don't matter, in my opinion. what matters is what he says.

• I wouldn't say it's entirely necessary but it's a nice tradition and it lets you know what's going on, but I guess it's more surprising if he doesn't get on his knee. If we're having a meal and he proposed, I wouldn't expect him to get on his knee to do so, just bring the ring out whilst he tells me why he thinks I should be his wife :3

*sigh* that day will never come.

• Why do you think that day will never come, girl?

• My boyfriend doesn't want to get married & I think any guy would realise I'm too psycho. I also don't want children which is what most guys expect after marriage.

• Mine didn't, and his proposal was still wonderful and romantic. It's not a big deal to me at all.

• How did he do it? Curious.

• Awwww, that's nice. And y'all are married now so that's cool.

Just hope I don't see any bad marriage questions from you anytime soon. :)

• wow i think you are lucky to have such a romantic husband, musicbrain :)

• I would really like if he proposes on one knee but it would still be okay if he doesn't.

• That is precisely what my boyfriend (now my husband) did just over three years ago. :)

To me it is quite simply the most romantic thing ever a guy can do.

• My guy didn't kneel down, it wasn't a big deal. I think it's kinda cheesy anyway.
    Hahah he was shaking so hard , he probably couldn't have anyways :)

• I got engaged at Niagara Falls in the middle of the winter and he didn't kneel bc the ground was covered in slick ice and he didn't to risk throwing the ring into the Falls. He also knew that I am really shy and wouldn't have appreciated public onlookers but under other circumstances I would have been really happy to have him kneel down. It's so traditional and gentlemanly and romantic!

• Since I must marry, I would prefer a spontaneous proposal, without getting on one knee. The spontaneous part is unlikely to happen though, but that's okay.

• I'd like him to be but it's not mandatory. Just seeing him getting down on his knee just adds to the magical moment.

But then again I am a hopeless romantic.

• It's unnecessary.

• What if instead of that, he hands you a box of chocolates and its there in the middle of all of them? :P

• I would appreciate it no matter how he was positioned.

• i wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish ! but we don't have that were i live, i only enjoy seeing it in movies :D

• i hope there will be a romantic guy who knee down in front of you with flowers like movie characters, my fellow cancer :)

• lol ! i hope so ^^

• No I dont want. Kinda of awkward

What Guys Said 5

• While I sure support the 'kneeling down and proposing' stuff and like @JustBanANNAz the little lioness, I'm quite antiquated too, fact is I make it up as I go - I tend to be not just spontaneous but also kind of different and weird lol

• I didn't kneel, we were sitting. I proposed as we looked at a sunset over a bay from a car.

• Oh, bench seats and I was holding her at the time. Bucket seats would have sucked.

• What if he was hanging from a trapeze?

• Well I don't care if she wants it or not, it's the most special day to any woman so I'll make sure It's special to the fullest

• does that mean you will knee down during proposing?

• I'm quite spontaneous so it may just be a plane flying with a huge banner behind it asking her to marry me or something

• Ok i understood you are looking for spontaneous and creative things :)

• Buddy this is so outdated. seriously

• According to opinions and poll, it is not outdated. it seems most of girls want it.

• you only need one woman to propose buddy. What most girls want doesn't matter ;)

• Ok thanks for advice, bro :)