Guys- what is ideal wife material to you? Girls, husband material?

Just curious! My ideal husband is tough and protective but still sweet and loving, and loves kids. What about you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm making this up on the spot so, here goes...

1.) Never stops loving me.
    2.) Wants me to be happy.
    3.) Committed to making the marriage last.
    4.) Committed to keeping our sex life alive.
    5.) Willingness to sacrifice/compromise.
    6.) Makes me laugh.
    7.) Makes me feel emotionally safe.
    8.) Can make me feel horny whenever she wants ;)
    9.) Won't judge me for making these kinds of lists.
    10.) Smart/Interesting conversation.
    11.) Able to stand up to me (i. e. call me out on my bulls**t)
    12.) Remembers the big picture (I. e. we love each other so f**k the petty arguments)
    13.) See no. 1. Again. It's worth repeating.
    14.) Makes me want to do all of his for her too ;)

I don't really care who does cooking or cleaning or who (if anyone) stsys at home, we can work that out between us. I'm sure there's other stuff but that's all I can come up with right now.

• Thanks for the mh. :)

What Guys Said 6

• This would be my kind of woman:

I like confident and independent women who are not full of themselves. They don't necessarily need a man in their lives, but want one because they're not ultra feminists who believe that men are meaningless, unnecessary, or just obsessed with sports. Basically a girl with good perspective on life.

I will say that I usually am more attracted to white girls. I don't have any "perfect" body type that I prefer; just as long as everything's (relatively) proportional. Her height and weight create a normal BMI score and everything fits her body. Having a beautiful face is most attractive. That being smooth skin, deep eyes, great smile, good teeth, beautiful hair, etc.

Someone who has good financial sense and knows how to keep what they earn is very important. I don't care what her profession is though. If she's mature and carries herself with confidence and poise, I don't care about things like career choice or education level. Having a true perspective on life, certain level of self-awareness, and high character and courage are what's most important. Don't care what her sexual history is. Could have been with 100+ men or a virgin, as long as she's been smart about STD prevention and is loyal to me. Probably someone within my age range... which currently is 21 +/- 4 years; that's not a hard rule though.

• Independent, trust worthy, open minded, moderate to high sex drive, and of course she's gotta be attractive to me.

• Well, I can describe my wife, at least in part :) smart, talented, great work ethic/ambitious, great attitude about our relationship (not the type to give up, puts in the effort to keep our relationship healthy), good communication skills.

• Of course, it helps that we have similar views about many things. At the same time, she challenges me.

• That's very sweet! I agree with the having similar views, very important!

• Someone who values commitment and share the same morals and values that I do and who is in a good place emotionally and mentally and of course doesn't have a history of promiscuity.

• Strong, smart, meticulous. That's it.

• Unassailable integrity. Is loving, warm, and loyal. Intelligence a bonus (seems to be exclusive of loving, warm and loyal--I'll take those over intelligence). Should get along well with people, should be scrappy and clever, know how to navigate the world.

So basically, I won't be getting married.

• Those are beautiful qualities and I'm sure there is a beautiful woman out there who fits your description. Have a little faith!

• @lovesmusicsinger
      That's nice of you've to say, but I've about given up. I'm getting really tired of dating, it isn't even fun anymore.

What Girls Said 5

• I would want to marry the kind of man I'd like my future sons to grow up to be. After all, a child's biggest role model is their same sex parent.

Kind, intelligent (one of us might as well be, haha), honest, respectful, funny (a lifetime is a long time to spend with someone who can't make me laugh), thoughtful and devoted. And someone who is my best friend.

• Witty, pessimist but insists he is a realist, loyal, not money-driven.

• A guy who's loving, funny, protective, honest, trustworthy and passionate :) and hardworking haha.

• Someone who doesn't talk much

• Protective, loving, loyal to the death and a good father.