How to not show emotion in front of my wife?

Most Helpful Girl

• What are you not wanting to show emotion over? Better question, why do you not want to show emotion infront of your wife? She's your wife! She's the one person you should actually feel comfortable to let your guard down infront of and be emotional with.

• U took the words right out of my mouth

• @snowangle
      Clearly, there's a reason he doesn't want to show emotion in front of her. Wife or not. Just because it's the woman you married doesn't mean that she isn't a manipulative emotionally abusive bitch sometimes.

• @snowangle We live in a world where a man, who displays any sort of weakness, can & often times is "eaten alive." I understand a lot of women say it's ok for men to cry in front of them, but the ironic, & damaging, thing about that is most of those same women often times will use that display of weakness (sorrow, fear, remorse) against a man later down the road. It's one of 2 "vital" areas you could virtually hurt any man emotionally (remind him of that moment, & exploit it to perceive him as weak). After one or two times of that happening, a man is going to do everything, within him, to keep it in check, until he can let it out on his own. The exception is the death of a loved one.
      So while I understand the frustration a lot of women seem to have over this, sorry to say MANY men listened, took a chance, & learned tragically they were better off keeping it to themselves. Don't blame men for this; have a talk with those women, who fucked it up for the whole group.

What Girls Said 5

• From the sounds of it you may be just like my boyfriend a man who rather shows how he feels in actions by doing things and being there for her then breaking down in a way you are trying to be her backbone and u are doing the right thing in ur marriage you staying strong throughout your guys ups and downs is whats gonna help keep your family strong if a man breaks down its not bad but why should u break down i think your use to things not being perfect and ur fine with that and u just handle it like any adult would fix it and move on u can't dwell on stuff or you will never learn from it just show your wife you care emotionally by backing down from being a man and actually stepping out of your comfort zone and try things she likes to do weather its girly or not if its in ur privacy of your home then whats the big deal i just think she wants more time with you

• I will never get out of my comfort zone

• You don't have to hide it. She's your WIFE. She loves you. She expects you to be human and have human emotions.

• y u married if u wanna pretend to be a stone wall all ur life?

• Because i don't want to look weak

• Its different for a man

• u know what? it really isn't. it only is because a messed up society says so. if u wanna listen, whatever.

• Well goddamn... if you can't show your feelings to your own wife, now THAT is being weak. Showing your emotions is one of the bravest things a man can do, while hiding them is cowardly to the point of idiocy. You are a grown man, but being overly concerned with saving face in front of your own wife is childish. She won't think you are any more of a man for suppressing your feelings.

• Why exactly are you not showing your emotions to your wife?

What Guys Said 4

• Your question is a bit vague. Which emotion (s)?
    Anger? Don't. Walk away & calm down.
    Joy? Like the birth of a child? I don't know a single guy friend,. with kids,. who didn't. shed a tear or two in the delivery room... & in some cases faint.
    Emotional pain? Sadness? Detach yourself & save it for when you have alone time to let it out. Only way most guys survive, in this day & age.
    Not really sure what you mean. Clarification may be warranted.

• Stay calm. If you're calm you're in control.

• Cut your face off, like in that movie face off.

• try being a man

• Wow that wasn't vague