Engaged after how many years of being together?

i feel like there's so many people, not only around where i live but all around the globe who rushes into getting engaged so fast only after 6 months of dating. or a year. or one and a half years. am i the only one who would not rush into something so big so quick? i would at least wait 8-9 years...

okay so fine. a lot of people dont agree with me. but please dont be cunts in the comments secton cause of that. thank you.
@Victoria_xoxo you obnoxius fucking cunt...

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on your comfort level and how long it takes you to trust and fall in love with that person. For me - I would be happy getting engaged or married after 3 months but I'm 29 years old.

What Guys Said 3

• I dated her for 4 years and engaged for 1, so 5 years before we married. My thought at the time was that if we were getting married it didn't matter if we ere dating, engaged or married. But at the third year Christmas, I bought her a microwave which was obviously wrapped in a big box. She expected a ring in the big box trick. Her face said it all. I proposed the next September as I couldn't pass another Christmas like that and I thought she might move on if I did. i just thought it was time, and it was.

• 8-9 years is a LONG time. Maybe 3 years is the appropriate time

• i feel that id rather wait such a long time cause i have problems with trusting people :(

• That's normal but if you were to divorce then that's ten years down the drain.

• so what if you divorce after 3 years then? same thing there.

• yeah thats way too long!! i think engagement is in the discussion after maybe 2 years

What Girls Said 6

• Good God... I thought I waited long enough to become engaged, after living together for four years, and then getting married after another three.

In my own honest opinion waiting 8 - 9 years to become engaged is absolutely ridiculous.

• Yeah honestly, if you haven't made your mind up by that point, I would say there is an issue. My bf knew he wanted to marry me within 6 months of meeting me, but he waited 2 years until I was ready and even that two years was rough on him. I can't even imagine waiting a decade to marry someone, but to each their own...

• I think that maybe after 1-2-3 years is absolutely ok. I have seen couples that after 7 or 8 years things don't work, but hey every relationship is different.

A lot of people make a mistake but when you really find love you can get married after three months if you like.

Time = measure, same as age. At the end it doesn't even matter.

• 8 or 9 seems a tad extreme

• Wow... that is a REALLY long time. I got engaged after two years, but it is a very personal choice. I don't know your relationship history, but you should most likely know after 5 or so years whether you want to spend the rest of your life with someone. If you really aren't sure after 8-9 years, you should probs take a closer look at those trust issues and where they come from, bc that is almost a decade of your life wasted if you don't marry the person.

• I would wait at least 4

• Your man could die in 8-9 years

• who the fuck cares? at least i didn't rush into sutch a huge decision cause people like you expected me too.

• So you are implying that if you're married and your man dies the pain will be less?