What are the advantages of being married?

The great things about marriage

No Advantage
Good things about marriage..

Most Helpful Girl

• - Financial benefits
    - Sharing you life with someone so you won't end up alone
    - Commitment
    - Longer life, usually married couples live longer
    - Lower risk of STDs
    - It's easier to raise children

What Guys Said 5

• Well seeing how people can bring themselves to commit regardless of marriage
    I say the only actual benefit is financial reason
    That being said I still would like to be married

• The only advantage I can think of in my country is exemption from inheritance tax (though the inheritance tax threshold is quite high anyway).

• For men? MAYBE a few tax breaks. That really is it. The cons outweigh the pros, for men, when it comes to marriage.

• Having someone to bounce ideas off of, and to talk to. Having that different perspective is amazing.

Financially, there's a lot we can do as a team that would be very difficult alone.

• Those aren't the only advantages, of course, but they're probably the biggest ones that come to mind most often.

• thats why dowry is considered evil

• You asked for advantages, and as someone who has been married nearly 18 years, I listed several. Pooling of financial resources is an important one, but please realize I never said it's a reason unto itself to get married.

As far as I'm concerned, dowries are considered evil because they treat one partner (usually the woman) as a liability and, in many ways, property. That's an entirely different situation from a marriage between equals.

• Marriage vs Love

What Girls Said 3

• Having the ability to say, "what's yours is mine and what's mine is mine".

• I can't think of any. I am sorry.

• Love
    Happiness
    Kids without people judging you