Have you ever had a relationship in which you KNOW you won't marry the person?

Sometimes I feel that guys date girls, and they're aware that they won't marry them/they are not the beyond and end all of life.

I feel that way about girls who date guys too.

I think they date maybe to have fun, or because they like each other, and why not enjoy it while you can.

Is this responsible? Once you've crossed 22, I would assume a relationship would either be serious or entirely fun, not somewhere in the middle.

Is this why some relationships are kept a secret from others? So that if they break up no one comes to know?

Updates:
Do these relationships usually last long?

0|0
3|3

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah I'm 24 and im in that situation now.

0|0
    0|0
    • Why do you do it? Is it just to cope with life at the moment, and does the other person usually know there's no future.

I don't know if that's too personal a question to aks. I guess the reason I'm wondering is because I see people doing it, and I'm not sure whether it's healthy, or helps in the long run, but then I think maybe it does. Gives you more perspective of who you do want to marry

• Show All
    • ah so you don't have to worry about that. I sometimes feel people break up amicably so they don't have mutual friends confused about sides taken lol

• Sometimes it's just to much effort to break up, not for me , I'm just not ready yet :)

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, my last relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • You forgot "any port during a storm" as a reason. That's what I see a lot of relationships as.

0|0
    0|0
    • So a getaway almost, from real life?

• They're lonely and it's someone to fill the void until they find the right person

What Girls Said 3

• every relationship ~

0|0
    0|0
    • Really? I sometimes see people and totally think they'll marry each other, especially if teh two of them met in Uni

• Show All
    • @Ihav2fart (fun fact almost typed Ihav2marry oops)

not for marriage bubba!

• :O you sure know how to mess with my almost non existent emotions.
      I've always said I wouldn't marry a girl if I didn't have to. This is almost too perfect.

• all kinds of things could happen with relationship. A lot of people go to jail for it. Try to be a single. It's the best thing! you are free to do anything go anywhere. bible says that too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I am 24 and somewhere in the middle, I really love the guy. He seems off lately anyhow, initially we got together coz we liked eachother then it started to grow into something more. And now its a mess and we really don't know.

0|0
    0|0