Is marriage a pain in the ass?

Is marriage a pain in the ass?

• Yes.
  • No.
  • Yes if the partner is not a good match

Most Helpful Guy

• No one gets married thinking they will be unhappy, but most are unhappy. Every one knows half of them end in divorce but what about the other half? Sexless marriages, mental illness, abusive relationships etc..

I read on a psychology website, I'd link if I could remember it, that after you do the numbers it's something like 15% of married couples are happily married. So for every 100 couples only 15 are happy long term.

Add to this all the added risk men face when getting married and it's a no brainer, getting married is idiotic. Have relationships, plenty of sex and all that but never live together and definitely never get married.

What Girls Said 4

• I think people give up too easy. At the first sign of trouble, they use "I guess we are not right for each other" as an excuse to do nothing, instead of actively trying to work through the problems because you love each other and you made a commitment and a promise.

• I agree if you married someone surely you saw something worthwhile in them. It's still there, and you owe it to yourself to try every option until you are sure it won't eork. Assuming there is no abuse, cheating, etc on either side

• One random mistake, I think that could be worked through over time. However a constant cheater or someone who has another relationship. That is beyond working out I think

• @Ananchor Yes, say that we haven't had sex in a long time and he got drunk and slept with another woman - some part of me could understand. But more than that, absolutely not.

• It depends who you marry. A partner who is supportive and easy to get along with or a partner with anger management issues who is always making demands on you.

• Even if I got divorced I wouldn't regret my marriage. Every relationship has ups and downs and not all of them make it through but it is still worth doing. For the most part marriage is very worthwhile.

• Yes it is vote a

What Guys Said 7

• That depends entirely on with whom, you decide
    to commit. If you find the ideal/perfect partner for you
    then it's like living with your best friend.

If not, then don't even think about it. ^.~

• Only if you're a gay male...

I don't find it to be a necessity at all but I'm not opposed to the idea. If I was in a relationship for the long haul then I'd make sure we're compatible first and going to divorce over trivial things. All couples fight and have arguments/disagreements, it's how the TWO of you deal with issues that can make the bond last.

• It depends. If you think very well before getting married and make a well thought decision then it's much less likely to be a pain in the ass.

• Marriage is unnecessary. Just move in together and have babies if you want. That's my opinion.

• not if you use lube.

• I voted yes, because it will be one of the hardest things you will ever do. First being children. Is it worth it I believe so.

• It can be, yes. But a marriage is like a job. You have to work at it each and every day that you and your spouse are together. If not, like a job, you will eventually lose it.